talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 4-0 Liverpool - Thursday 2nd July, 2020

football forum

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, as a player who just won the league do you not want to rub it in a bit to the team who finished second? Surely the players want to be like “yeah, we are better than you” but instead they serve up this. It’s nothing but a lack of effort. 

• Administrator
Just now, CityTheBest said:

Maybe they couldn't stay out long due to coronavirus social distancing laws?

Yes. A guard of honour for a few seconds is very risky compared to 90mins playing and being in contact with the other team you're giving a guard of honour too...

Just now, LFCMike said:

Don't think it's a lack of effort. Not the same sort of concentration levels defensively. Not the same level of intensity of it was a game that mattered. Maybe.

Who's arsed though.

I’m arsed whenever we lose. 

Just now, Rick said:

It’s never nice to lose like this, but we aren’t playing for anything so it’s not THAT big of a deal.

Seems like we stopped caring as much after the penalty and I don’t blame them it’s been a long season.

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Don't think it's a lack of effort. Not the same sort of concentration levels defensively. Not the same level of intensity of it was a game that mattered. Maybe.

Who's arsed though.

Definitely not the same levels of concentration going forward to what we’d normally expect to see either tbh.

We started bright, but that’s about it.

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Would've been nice to see a more even contest tonight but honestly I'm not arsed about the result. Would be nice to go for records etc but again, not really too bothered about that either. You won't enjoy this league win as much as you should if you're putting a negative spin on everything. That's all that mattered this season was winning it

I don’t care about points records, but I don’t accept losing like this as acceptable. I’d expect more concentration from the players because it makes a farce of it. 

• Subscriber

Nobody is going to be talking about when City thumped Liverpool 4-0. They’ll talk about Liverpool winning their first title in 30 years. This result, albeit shit, means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

• The title was changed to Man City 5-0 Liverpool - Thursday 2nd July, 2020
  • The title was changed to Man City 4-0 Liverpool - Thursday 2nd July, 2020

I’m not arsed if we lose the game fighting. But the concentration levels and attitude towards the game is what annoys me. I expect a better effort from these players. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

I don’t care about points records, but I don’t accept losing like this as acceptable. I’d expect more concentration from the players because it makes a farce of it. 

This Liverpool side has done everything we've ever wanted. If you're fuming about a game that doesn't matter you're doing it wrong

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Hahahaha "handball". Just try and convince me these VAR officials aren't just taking the piss now and seeing who can win the worst decision of the season award.

I mean, it did look like handball like

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

This Liverpool side has done everything we've ever wanted. If you're fuming about a game that doesn't matter you're doing it wrong

You’re right. I can’t argue with that, I love this team and I will be forever grateful. 

I think I’m more annoyed that Sterling scored two the mini cunt

17 minutes ago, CityTheBest said:

Maybe they couldn't stay out long due to coronavirus social distancing laws?

Anyway City are on fire tonight. Give us the league title!

I thought you would have been happy with Liverpool winning it?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived