Man City 4-0 Liverpool - Thursday 2nd July, 2020

football forum

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think that should be a penalty.

You're usually pretty impartial but I can't see it here. Gomez gave Sterling about 4 opportunities to go down there. Salah has won half a dozen softer penalties than that since joining Liverpool by going down when he's being fouled in a manner where it doesn't actually make him fall over but he has to because referees oddly need to see it happen to give the penalty.

Gomez full on fondled Sterling's genitals there though. Bringing a new meaning to kiss and make up after their little set to in the reverse fixture.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Penalty ffs xD

Given some of the penalties Liverpool have got this season you can't complain at that one surely xD 

Gomez is silly there. He barely let's go of him. It's definitely a foul. One of them where the attacker has to go down to get it. 

Everyone was calling Salah a diver for similar incidents last season though.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

You're usually pretty impartial but I can't see it here. Gomez gave Sterling about 4 opportunities to go down there. Salah has won half a dozen softer penalties than that since joining Liverpool by going down when he's being fouled in a manner where it doesn't actually make him fall over but he has to because referees oddly need to see it happen to give the penalty.

Gomez full on fondled Sterling's genitals there though. Bringing a new meaning to kiss and make up after their little set to in the reverse fixture.

I don’t think I’m that impartial most of the time at all tbh xD - at least not Liverpool matches

• Administrator

2-0 Sterling!

Man City efficient on the break once again. They're so quick.

Tyler says 'Man City making a point here' after that goal as if Liverpool haven't made a point all season obliterating them in the title race xD 

• The title was changed to Man City (Sterling, 35") 2-0 Liverpool - Thursday 2nd July, 2020
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

Feel like Thiago Silva on a free transfer would be a good option for Liverpool. 

I think Thiago Alcantara as well.

• Administrator

3-0 Foden.

Just about to say he's had a quieter than usual game but he's finished that well past Alisson. Quality quick pass from De Bruyne too.

• The title was changed to Man City (Foden, 45") 3-0 Liverpool - Thursday 2nd July, 2020
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think Thiago Alcantara as well.

Yes, they need more midfield options as well. I now he's been terrible for some time now, but I feel like a player in the mold of James, a creative attacking midfielder, could be a valuable addition to the squad. 

• Subscriber

Liverpool started well too. Penalty shifted the momentum and Liverpool's defence have lost concentration. This is quite a common outcome for a dead rubber between the team who have won the league and the team they beat to it. City also have the added incentive of keeping sharp for the Champions League finals. This is pre-season for Liverpool effectively. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

My god this is horrible. Thank god the title race wasn’t closer

Completely different game now the job is done though isn't it?

This pretty much always happens with confirmed champions doesn't it.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Completely different game now the job is done though isn't it?

This pretty much always happens with confirmed champions doesn't it.

No :ph34r:

• The title was changed to Man City 4-0 Liverpool - Thursday 2nd July, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived