talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aston Villa Discussion

football forum

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Went to the Norwich game today to see John playing for Villa. Poor sod was limping about hurt for most of the game.

Villa look to have dried up infront of goal and will probably have to gamble on the playoffs. Norwich were very physical & took advantage of a official who didnt grab hold of the game allowing Norwich to kick Villa off the ball throughout the game. I really dont get to see enough Championship games to make a educated choice on who will skip through the said playoff's, but I hope John stay's fit n helps Villa back.

Question is, can they get enough better players to stay in the Premier League, because on today's evidence I saw at Norwich, very few would leave you confident of staying up.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
12 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Couldn’t be arsed to carry on the match thread Grealish will be going I’m told, however not Leicester or Newcastle however both have been after him. 

How come not us? I presume asking price? 

• Subscriber
On 6/5/2018 at 22:53, Fairy In Boots said:

Spurs is where he’s going mate. 90% sure, don’t know the ins & outs

We're signing Maddison anyway. Wasn't sure where we'd fit both in.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/08/2018 at 18:14, Eco said:

Why does it look like the Aston Villa crest is photo shopped to be perfectly straight? 

Redesigned for the behest of Nike some years back so kids it was easy to mass produce on some far eastern sweatshop 

8 hours ago, Cannabis said:

He’ll double his money and go in the summer if we don’t go up

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
14 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I’d have been stood next to him calling the others cunts! He has to go period. Absolute clown of a manager

who would you have to replace him? I know 'anyone' would be a tempting answer xD 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

who would you have to replace him? I know 'anyone' would be a tempting answer xD 

I want someone younger and progressive with an attacking ethos. 

This squad could walk this division, behind the scenes there’s serious money now they won’t tolerate this much longer. 

Rodgers 👍🏻

Henry with Wenger Dof yep 👍🏻 

Sanchez Flores 👍🏻

I’d take dean smith but I believe we should put in place a style and ethos so would be happy to go for 

Marco Rose or Ralph Hassenhutl 

We were after Wagner post RDM but Wyness veto’d it and went for Bruce. 

Villa in a nutshell old buys making poor decisions because they value “experience”. 

Whatever happens Bruce has to go, he’s so poor

• Upvote 2

• Administrator

Some good options there. However can't see Rodgers leaving how good it is at Celtic unless things go really awry. Henry with Wenger is bold and ambitious but not all that unrealistic. Sanchez Flores decent shout. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Some good options there. However can't see Rodgers leaving how good it is at Celtic unless things go really awry. Henry with Wenger is bold and ambitious but not all that unrealistic. Sanchez Flores decent shout. 

Celtic can’t compete with us for wages in this league, the gulf is that huge now

19 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I want someone younger and progressive with an attacking ethos. 

This squad could walk this division, behind the scenes there’s serious money now they won’t tolerate this much longer. 

Rodgers 👍🏻

Henry with Wenger Dof yep 👍🏻 

Sanchez Flores 👍🏻

I’d take dean smith but I believe we should put in place a style and ethos so would be happy to go for 

Marco Rose or Ralph Hassenhutl 

We were after Wagner post RDM but Wyness veto’d it and went for Bruce. 

Villa in a nutshell old buys making poor decisions because they value “experience”. 

Whatever happens Bruce has to go, he’s so poor

Deano's going nowhere sunshine