talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aston Villa Discussion

football forum

8 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Villa fan mate, if we come knocking it’s hard for anyone in this league to turn down. Potential is huge at Villa now

He's already publicly distanced himself from your job last season.

We have one of the best support systems in place for a manager in this division and his job is safe whereas it won't be with you. Look how well Rosler and Warburton done after leaving us.

Not to say he'd be shit if he goes, but part of the reason he's done so well is how our club is set up.

11 minutes ago, Danny said:

He's already publicly distanced himself from your job last season.

We have one of the best support systems in place for a manager in this division and his job is safe whereas it won't be with you. Look how well Rosler and Warburton done after leaving us.

Not to say he'd be shit if he goes, but part of the reason he's done so well is how our club is set up.

Yeah it’s why I’m cool on him tbh, I think he did well before though at Walsall. 

Anyway he wouldn’t be long term to be honest, he would be another Bruce type appointment 

19 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Yeah it’s why I’m cool on him tbh, I think he did well before though at Walsall. 

Anyway he wouldn’t be long term to be honest, he would be another Bruce type appointment 

And he spent 5 years at Walsall, he's a long term builder. I'm sure his heart would pull him to Villa but in a professional sense there's not a better job in the league for him than staying with us.

20 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I've read that villa could be deducted 12 points unless they get promoted for breaking a spending cap. Have you heard aboit this  @Smiley Culture @Fairy In Boots

I don’t know honestly, I presume there’s some kind of work around afoot because we’re committed to purchasing some of these loan moves

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Lovre Kalinic: Aston Villa agreed on a deal to sign Croatia goalkeeper in January

2 hours ago | Aston Villa

Championship side Aston Villa have agreed to sign Croatia goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic on a four-and-a-half-year deal.

The 28-year-old will join Villa from Belgian top-flight side Gent when the transfer window opens on 1 January.

Kalinic becomes Villa boss Dean Smith's first signing since he took over in October for an undisclosed fee.

Smith said: "We are delighted to be signing someone of Lovre's experience and quality. He is an outstanding goalkeeper."

Kalinic was a member of the Croatia squad that finished runners-up at the 2018 World Cup, playing only in their final group game against Iceland.

The 6ft 7in keeper, capped 14 times, has become Croatia boss Zlatko Dalic's first-choice keeper since Danijel Subasic retired following the World Cup final defeat by France.

Current Villa number one Orjan Nyland - signed by previous boss Steve Bruce from German side FC Ingolstadt in the summer - was last month given a vote of confidence by Smith despite several nervy displays.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46649332

On 21/12/2018 at 16:37, CaaC - John said:

Lovre Kalinic: Aston Villa agreed on a deal to sign Croatia goalkeeper in January

2 hours ago | Aston Villa

Championship side Aston Villa have agreed to sign Croatia goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic on a four-and-a-half-year deal.

The 28-year-old will join Villa from Belgian top-flight side Gent when the transfer window opens on 1 January.

Kalinic becomes Villa boss Dean Smith's first signing since he took over in October for an undisclosed fee.

Smith said: "We are delighted to be signing someone of Lovre's experience and quality. He is an outstanding goalkeeper."

Kalinic was a member of the Croatia squad that finished runners-up at the 2018 World Cup, playing only in their final group game against Iceland.

The 6ft 7in keeper, capped 14 times, has become Croatia boss Zlatko Dalic's first-choice keeper since Danijel Subasic retired following the World Cup final defeat by France.

Current Villa number one Orjan Nyland - signed by previous boss Steve Bruce from German side FC Ingolstadt in the summer - was last month given a vote of confidence by Smith despite several nervy displays.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46649332

I spoke on the phone with him last night. I was one of the first to know about the transfer xD

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Birmingham City & Aston Villa fined £5,000 for failing to control players in Second City derby

Birmingham City and Aston Villa have each been fined £5,000 by the Football Association for failing to control players in their Second City derby.

The Championship clubs were charged over a melee in the fifth minute after a foul on Villa captain Jack Grealish by Blues midfielder Maikel Kieftenbeld.

Blues are facing a separate charge after Grealish was attacked on the pitch by a fan five minutes later.

Villa won the game on 10 March 1-0, with Grealish scoring the only goal.

Both clubs accepted the charge.

Dutchman Kieftenbeld was booked for his late challenge, which set the tone for an ill-tempered game at St Andrew's.

Grealish was subsequently attacked by Blues supporter Paul Mitchell, who ran on to the pitch and struck the Villa midfielder from behind in the side of the head.

Mitchell, of Rubery, Worcestershire, was jailed for 14 weeks on 11 March after admitting assault and encroachment on to the pitch.

He was also ordered to pay £350 in fines and costs and banned from attending any football matches in the UK for 10 years.

Birmingham, who banned Mitchell from St Andrew's for life, were charged by the FA with failing to control their spectators and they have until 22 March to respond to that charge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47611252

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

We’ve paid off Ross McCormack he’s gone 

About time. I'm guessing you would have done it last season but couldn't afford it?

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

About time. I'm guessing you would have done it last season but couldn't afford it?

Probably but he’s not had the full amount, word is he spends his days in a working men’s club drinking he couldn’t be arsed to train and collect his £3m so he’s gone for a bit less to fuck off now. His personal life is a catastrophe apparently 

• 1 year later...