talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aston Villa Discussion

football forum

football forum

130px-Aston_villa_logo16.png

Aston Villa Football Club  is a professional football club in Aston, Birmingham, that plays in the Championship, the second level of English football. Founded in 1874, they have played at their current home ground, Villa Park, since 1897. Aston Villa were one of the founder members of the Football League in 1888 and of the Premier League in 1992.

All discussion relating to Aston Villa that does not warrant it's own thread (i.e. - players signing new contracts, newspaper clippings etc...) should take place here.

We have a huge squad, players people won't remember are even still here, so we have a lot of bodies and wages to be rid of. Obviously not all of them will command big fees, but people like Amavi, Veretout, Tshibola should pull in pounds and to be honest any fees to get rid of shit like Cissokho, Richards and whoever else will be more than welcome.

Johnstone is joining on loan again apparently so that's money I thought we'd need to spend on a keeper that we no longer have to. If we get rid of all the shit, and sign 3 or 4 including the keeper, or even loan in the important positions, we'll still come out the other side with a very good squad at this level (on paper). Now the boss needs to earn his money and make them perform on the pitch, because right now I really don't like him or his crap results/football.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

That story in the Mirror has been dismissed. I think we'll spend but it won't be like last year and it will be smarter purchases. Amavi is off and in fairness he can't defend for shit so I'm not bothered 

I like Amavi, still very young and has a serious injury under his belt which I always think affects younger players, in whatever position. With the ball he's comfortably one of our better players, I liked him in that wing role as obviously Bruce nor Di Matteo have seen fit to sign a left winger yet.

He's the most saleable assett though, a lot of teams have looked at him before and since he's joined us, can't see him sticking another year in the Championship and not sure he's equipped for it. He'll go on and do well though, that's the annoying thing.

Unlike Okore, after all that mocking shit he posted about Villa when we were on that miserable run, the cunts getting released from Copenhagen!

28 minutes ago, TomAVFC said:

I like Amavi, still very young and has a serious injury under his belt which I always think affects younger players, in whatever position. With the ball he's comfortably one of our better players, I liked him in that wing role as obviously Bruce nor Di Matteo have seen fit to sign a left winger yet.

He's the most saleable assett though, a lot of teams have looked at him before and since he's joined us, can't see him sticking another year in the Championship and not sure he's equipped for it. He'll go on and do well though, that's the annoying thing.

Unlike Okore, after all that mocking shit he posted about Villa when we were on that miserable run, the cunts getting released from Copenhagen!

I think Amavi will be a great player in a rolls royce team where he can bomb on, no use having to actually defend for periods. Okore looked mentally shattered towards the end, remember the comedy own goal, we've done that to a few players, It's the coaching it's been shite for a long period of time.

5 hours ago, Spike said:

@Anton do you know much about Jordan Lydon? He is from your hometown.

I'd expect him to get into the First team picture on a regular basis next season if he's going to make it, looks ok at U23 level but that means sweet FA at the Villa.

18 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I think Amavi will be a great player in a rolls royce team where he can bomb on, no use having to actually defend for periods. Okore looked mentally shattered towards the end, remember the comedy own goal, we've done that to a few players, It's the coaching it's been shite for a long period of time.

I'd expect him to get into the First team picture on a regular basis next season if he's going to make it, looks ok at U23 level but that means sweet FA at the Villa.

Lyden won't get a kick next season. Nice lad and probably could be a decent player but only decent and can't see him ever holding down a position at us. Hard to nail down coaching problems RE Okore as we have a new backroom staff every few months.

Sadly our choice is instability, or stability with Bruce...fucked if you do and fucked if you don't!

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

So you're saying we're fucked lol. I'm with you to be honest I'm not sold on Bruce at all

He's a useless fat cunt dining off his playing career. Have you heard about the detective books he wrote, they are hilariously awful. 

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Steve Barnes a football manager and part time amateur murder detective 😂

The very same! I believe he wrote three books in the series. They're terrible.

• Subscriber

Those books are absolutely genius - read the lengthy reviews will have you in stitches. Can't remember the bloke that did them.

I like Bruce though - think he's a good manager. If he keeps Villa down I'll like him even more.

8 hours ago, Storts said:

Those books are absolutely genius - read the lengthy reviews will have you in stitches. Can't remember the bloke that did them.

I like Bruce though - think he's a good manager. If he keeps Villa down I'll like him even more.

Didn't know you liked fishing? 

• 1 month later...

Sam Johnstone signing this weekend apparently. I'll be pissed off if it's another loan (unless there is an option to purchase).

Good keeper who at first I thought was a liability but who grew on me as the season went on. He can be a good long term option.

4 hours ago, Cannabis said:

If there's an option to buy its win-win for you really. If he has a solid season then you can invest next summer in taking him permanently whereas if he struggles you've got no strings attached. 

Out of interest how bad are you looking in regards to FFP?

FFP is difficult, we came down with a mish mash squad of several managers on huge wages, and to follow that in a pursuit to return at the first time of asking we spent the highest figure in the history of the league, over 70m, on playing staff.

We're cutting it fine. We'll have a profitable window this time around as Terry was free (wages excluded obviously) and we've already raised 10m via Amavi and Sanchez. We have another 6 or 7 players to sell and probably only another 2 or 3 to  buy.

To put it bluntly, we need to go up this year. No point being the richest club in the league if you can't spend it without breaking the rules!