The better place to talk football.

Left vs. Right

football forum

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

u ok?

Just reading through threads on here and people bang on about left v right, without actually saying what either means. Weak terms, for weak discussions, it's a method of reducing dialogue to it's simplest terms thus creating room for interpretation and division. It's thought control via association, once just has to repeat Left or Right want X/Y/Z and next thing you know a person associated with Left/Right is associated with a policy they don't agree with or support, thus underming their credibility.

One can say that Trump and Reagan are both Right, and by association Trump wins favour with people that admired Reagan. 
or
One can say that both Sanders and Mao are Left, ergo making Sanders associated with a pseudo-Communist authoritarian revolutionary. 

Just now, Spike said:

Just reading through threads on here and people bang on about left v right, without actually saying what either means. Weak terms, for weak discussions, it's a method of reducing dialogue to it's simplest terms thus creating room for interpretation and division. It's thought control via association, once just has to repeat Left or Right want X/Y/Z and next thing you know a person associated with Left/Right is associated with a policy they don't agree with or support, thus underming their credibility.

One can say that Trump and Reagan are both Right, and by association Trump wins favour with people that admired Reagan. 
or
One can say that both Sanders and Mao are Left, ergo making Sanders associated with a pseudo-Communist authoritarian revolutionary. 

I totally agree, but it goes much further than that I fear. People who say they are democrats are presumed to believe in all things Democrat, without really understand what all those topics are. People often assume that Democrats are more progressive, but are unaware that 'the most dangerous racist' (according to MLK) was a Democrat (George Wallace).

Things are much more complicated than left/right, republican/democrat, conservative/progressive, but sadly this is the world we live in where people align themselves to one side and blindly follow without actually learning and listening.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

I totally agree, but it goes much further than that I fear. People who say they are democrats are presumed to believe in all things Democrat, without really understand what all those topics are. People often assume that Democrats are more progressive, but are unaware that 'the most dangerous racist' (according to MLK) was a Democrat (George Wallace).

Things are much more complicated than left/right, republican/democrat, conservative/progressive, but sadly this is the world we live in where people align themselves to one side and blindly follow without actually learning and listening.

Then there is the idea that the Democrats like to keep the Blackman on welfare to create a stable voting base, but at the same time like to champion the rights of equality. Or how Republicans like to gerrymander people into voting zones to create red hotspots to ensure their voting base, which can tie back to redlining the Blackman into the ghettos; reinforcing the Democrats ability to keep him on welfare! xD Of course, I couldn't tell you how much of this is true or not but I'd reckon the truth is even worse than the rumour. Kinda like how high-incarceration rates is a shorthand for cheap prison labour; thanks War on Drugs. 

Then of course in America you have the third option (which is what we are doing right now) painting both parties as equals of evil, which create a centrist group that is stunned into non-voting, taking away their voice because 'politics are dumb and both parties suck' leading an inertia of societal and economic change. Fuuuuck.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Then there is the idea that the Democrats like to keep the Blackman on welfare to create a stable voting base, but at the same time like to champion the rights of equality. Or how Republicans like to gerrymander people into voting zones to create red hotspots to ensure their voting base, which can tie back to redlining the Blackman into the ghettos; reinforcing the Democrats ability to keep him on welfare! xD Of course, I couldn't tell you how much of this is true or not but I'd reckon the truth is even worse than the rumour. Kinda like how high-incarceration rates is a shorthand for cheap prison labour; thanks War on Drugs. 

Then of course in America you have the third option (which is what we are doing right now) painting both parties as equals of evil, which create a centrist group that is stunned into non-voting, taking away their voice because 'politics are dumb and both parties suck' leading an inertia of societal and economic change. Fuuuuck.

Yeah - it's a sad and vicious cycle we are in.

You should watch The 13th on Netflix. It was mind-blowing.

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

It kinda makes me believe that inparticular the USA government is copasetic with the BLM riots, reactions, and revolutions, because it has created a social rift that can be exploited through the narrative of voting.  A government approved revolution of useful idiots. It's easy to write a narrative of: you are racist if you don't support BLM, you are racist if you vote Republican, ergo if you aren't racist you'd vote Demo, but if you feel like your disenfranchisement isn't represented by BLM or any other organisation, you'd flee to the Republicans because they are anti-BLM and surely if they are anti-BLM, they are pro-me?

Another feather in the cap to be exploited.

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

I agree with you as I can't say if I am left or right to do with politics,  then what about middle-ground? in other words, they are neither left nor right but in the middle-ground majority.

download.thumb.png.cb0890df6f64c85ceef035dea2096066.png

I thought the middle ground were called centrist lib dem toss pots? :ph34r:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

I agree with you as I can't say if I am left or right to do with politics,  then what about middle-ground? in other words, they are neither left nor right but in the middle-ground majority.

download.thumb.png.cb0890df6f64c85ceef035dea2096066.png

I think we know what middle ground means xD 

7 hours ago, Eco said:

Is that the documentary that shows that the American leaders basically made things that were popular in black culture illegal so they could put them in jail? I watched it. Bit biased maybe but some of it was very educational 

3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Is that the documentary that shows that the American leaders basically made things that were popular in black culture illegal so they could put them in jail? I watched it. Bit biased maybe but some of it was very educational 

You can thank Democratic candidate for the Presidential eleciton; Joe Biden for the difference in incarceration rate and length of setence between poweder cocaine and crack cocaine. God Bless Ronald Reagan and the War on Drugs.

12 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It's all factual, and has led to more incarceration s here than anywhere else in the world.

1 hour ago, Eco said:

It's all factual, and has led to more incarceration s here than anywhere else in the world.

I only said it was a bit biased to allow for my own biases. Could you explain a bit more. 

10 hours ago, Spike said:

You can thank Democratic candidate for the Presidential eleciton; Joe Biden for the difference in incarceration rate and length of setence between poweder cocaine and crack cocaine. God Bless Ronald Reagan and the War on Drugs.

Remember, you ain't black if you don't vote for him. 

Archived