football forum

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm...

Go to the pool (assuming it's warm)

Go to the Atlanta Children's Musuem

Visit more playground with the kid

Have a get together with my closet friends and get smashed.

Run in a road race

Travel - How very clichè, I know. Spoke of a Cannes-Nice-Monaco trip over 3/4 days with my girlfriend. Her best mate is living in Sydney at the minute, so she mentioned going there to see her, which lit my eyes up but I think we’ve got different ideas for that trip. She wants to do the sights and that, which, I wouldn’t mind but I’d be going to cram in as many games of Rugby League as physically possible. 

Sport - I’ve started a little savings pot for 2021 already. I was supposed to be going to watch England v someone in the Cricket but my brother in law has switched the tickets to a game next summer, I will try and get tickets to the London games in the NFL again, I’ve booked hotels for a weekend watching Rugby League in Newcastle in May next year and we have a Rugby League World Cup on top of normal events, so it’s going to be a costly year. Wouldn’t mind a trip to Europe to watch Football of some kind as well but that might be ambitious. 

Exercise -  Lockdown hasn’t been kind to me. I’m heavier than I ever have been, which still isn’t a lot as I’m quite tall and have always been quite thin but I imagine my fitness is through the floor and I’ve not been living the healthiest lifestyle in terms of diet. Will probably run a bit. I know I can start this now and I will tomorrow but when normality resumes, I will need to keep it up. 

• The title was changed to Plans After COVID-19?
  • Administrator

Go on holiday somewhere. Already got one planned with family to Malta but maybe somewhere else if other countries let us xD 

It's hard to say though as will any country or city (even in UK) be the same as how we knew them? And if so, at what point? When is the 'post-Covid19' era?

1 minute ago, nudge said:

What happens in Bangkok, stays in Bangkok.

Lol its been 7 months for me. That is a long time :thumbdown:

• Subscriber

Call my family and tell them i'll be unreachable for a week. Put my phone off and do whatever I want. 

I'll probably hit SE Asia for that week and I don't plan on using anything digital and just enjoy the beach and copious amount of alcohol. 

• Subscriber

Spend as little amount of time as possible in the house. Other than going to see family, I'd like to just travel even if it's just to different places in the UK. Probably take my camera and see what I can find.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s hard to say how long the world will be all fucked up because of this. But I miss going to concerts and I’m looking forward to that again.

I miss that too, but more comedy gigs than concerts; also miss just nipping out to play football in the park or going cinema on a whim as well. 

Just now, Stan said:

I miss that too, but more comedy gigs than concerts; also miss just nipping out to play football in the park or going cinema on a whim as well. 

Yeah, I miss going to comedy clubs as well.

The comedy club by me, unfortunately, will never see my business again once covid is over because of the incredibly stupid and selfish response to Covid from the owner. So the club is basically an unventilated basement... probably a bad place to be during a pandemic.

And the cunt who owns it defied the lockdown and found some absolute nut job local comedians to put on gigs and carried on a few weeks before getting reported and caught. And now they’ve gone all mental and neo-Nazi on their social media.

Not going to be giving money to a bigot who simultaneously shows they don’t give a shit about the well-being of their customers.

I also miss playing guitar with my friends, that’ll probably be the first thing I do when life goes back to normal.

• Subscriber

Barbers up here open up on Wednesday, I will be up to my local one early in case of queues I would gather, I call myself a long grey hair old git atm, be glad when it gets chopped off, the wife has booked her hair-dressers for Thursday next week. 

Archived