The better place to talk football.

Plans After COVID-19?

football forum

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 01/07/2020 at 00:59, Mel81x said:

Call my family and tell them i'll be unreachable for a week. Put my phone off and do whatever I want. 

I'll probably hit SE Asia for that week and I don't plan on using anything digital and just enjoy the beach and copious amount of alcohol. 

That sounds like heaven. Thats probably my biggest loss this year; I sold my condo late last year, paying super cheap rent we had 3 trips planned going into early next year.... SE asia was one we planned to spend 5-6 weeks in easy. Im not sure Ill get the chance to do that trip and for that long again. First world problems I suppose as were very lucky with how well BC delt with Covid and I am lucky to have been working this entire time on the flipside. /rant.

I've missed playing Football. I play two 5 a side games a week usually and it's hurt not playing competitive Sport. I've no idea how much longer I'm gonna have to wait for that.

But since June 1st, I've been training hard doing interval sprinting and an ab program, diet has been clean, not one takeaway or any eating out, and not a drop of booze. My fitness is back and feeling strong. Lost 12Ib which was my laziness since January, look more trim and feeling good.

Sooooooo...I'm going to start playing Squash as the Sports Hall's open next week. Never played it, not a bloody clue how to, but I know two lads that do regularly and another one so I have people I can play and learn from.

Got my racket today and I'm up for playing some Sport other than Golf. Should be interesting.

In addition to that, me and the missus have also randomly picked up a double kayak this weekend, so we are going to start taking this out and giving it a bash on the water. Don't ask. But from what was an initial idea ended up escalating to a purchase very quickly. So random.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

That sounds like heaven. Thats probably my biggest loss this year; I sold my condo late last year, paying super cheap rent we had 3 trips planned going into early next year.... SE asia was one we planned to spend 5-6 weeks in easy. Im not sure Ill get the chance to do that trip and for that long again. First world problems I suppose as were very lucky with how well BC delt with Covid and I am lucky to have been working this entire time on the flipside. /rant.

Well with all the savings from not having to spend on other things I am sure you'll hit SE Asia sometime in the next two or three years. My plans are now contingent on whether India finds a way to slow the rise in numbers and of course someone finding a way to curb this disease.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Sooooooo...I'm going to start playing Squash as the Sports Hall's open next week. Never played it, not a bloody clue how to, but I know two lads that do regularly and another one so I have people I can play and learn from.

Got my racket today and I'm up for playing some Sport other than Golf. Should be interesting.

Squash is a superb sport as you really are moving all the time. Used to play it years ago when we have a membership to a local sports community out here and I had no idea what to do initially but it does take a lot out of you for the first few times before you learn how to play it.

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Squash is a superb sport as you really are moving all the time. Used to play it years ago when we have a membership to a local sports community out here and I had no idea what to do initially but it does take a lot out of you for the first few times before you learn how to play it.

Yeah, that is the main reason I'm doing it, because of the fast pace and to maintain my stamina. I'm under no illusions it will be hard though.

I will probably get spanked to start with but it will be good to learn a few things to take forward. Just need to try and play smart too and focus less on smashing the ball and more on finding the right angles.

On 14/07/2020 at 05:49, Lucas said:

Yeah, that is the main reason I'm doing it, because of the fast pace and to maintain my stamina. I'm under no illusions it will be hard though.

I will probably get spanked to start with but it will be good to learn a few things to take forward. Just need to try and play smart too and focus less on smashing the ball and more on finding the right angles.

Arguably my favourite sport to play. I played one competitive game out in the countryside last year. Thought I was decent. Put in the 4th division. Got destroyed by a bloke almost twice my age! 

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Anybody fulfilled their plans?  

I've been to one concert and had one holiday. And I've got tickets for another concert in February & booked another holiday for late January.

COVID's not over... but I'm still getting on with my post-COVID plans.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've been to one concert and had one holiday. And I've got tickets for another concert in February & booked another holiday for late January.

COVID's not over... but I'm still getting on with my post-COVID plans.

I think thats kinda where Im at as well. I dont know if its ever going to be "over" but its more about being to live with it and move on to whatever degree you can. Ive booked Bill Burr for June next year and Imagine Dragons for end of February I think it was.

Probably planning to go to a hockey game next year as well. Im sure its going to be weird I already feel anxious in any crowds and I havent been to any big events so far yet. Only other thing me and the better half where thinking was an all inclusive next year before spring as were going to be house hunting in the spring. Kind of early on but we were thinking about Cuba. 

• Administrator
On 30/06/2020 at 23:02, Stan said:

Go on holiday somewhere. Already got one planned with family to Malta but maybe somewhere else if other countries let us xD 

It's hard to say though as will any country or city (even in UK) be the same as how we knew them? And if so, at what point? When is the 'post-Covid19' era?

10 hours ago, MUFC said:

Malta didn't happen. 

Still went on a family holiday though in the UK. 

11 hours ago, MUFC said:

Didn't make any plans. Like hoping for something. You can only end up disappointed. 

Went on two short vacations within Germany though, and got to know a completely new region I have never been to before. So that was cool. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Didn't make any plans. Like hoping for something. You can only end up disappointed. 

Went on two short vacations within Germany though, and got to know a completely new region I have never been to before. So that was cool. 

Holidaying within your country is so underrated in my opinion.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, MUFC said:

Holidaying within your country is so underrated in my opinion.

Kinda always something Ive wanted to do, the funny thing is Ive explored more of the West Coast of the States then my own Country really. Alot of this is to do with prices though, can basically travel somewhere hot and nice for the same price as Toronto. That being said I dont particularly want to travel outside of my country for the time being so this is definitely something to consider. Personally Ive always wanted to explore the maritime provinces (Nova Scotia, NB etc) 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Thanks mate. This will actually be the third.

Nice one buddy, we (me and the wife) wanted a boy and a girl and despite the wife having a miscarriage when we first got married we achieved that over the years.

The only downer was both of them are seperated now and have given us 3 grandsons but no grandaughter, but the main thing is they are all ok so that will do us. 

Archived