talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester 3-0 Crystal Palace - Saturday 4th July, 2020

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

There you go, sensational second from Vardy. Leicester desparately needed this, especially with some difficult fixtures to come. 

We really did mate.

Pressure would have started to mount if we drew a blank and/or didn't win with how we've re-started.

Palace are tough to play on most days, was a hard grind for most of it.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

I do think at this point it's become really just about getting the results by any means - what I'm saying is I don't think all of our problems have suddenly gone away, although I do think we really did need a confidence booster like that. I did think it was gearing up to be more of the same from us at half time after yet another half of no shots on target, but thankfully I was wrong and we got the goals - granted you have to be honest and say Palace have fucked up for the first two. The third was absolutely old school Vardy.

Never thought I'd be saying this a year ago but I'm really glad Iheanacho played, and scored again. He's been one of the few bright lights through this poor form. He's played less than he's probably deserved to.

Delighted Vardy's finally back in the goals and finally got number 100 in the Premier League. Probably the unlikeliest player to do that that there'll ever be.

I still think we have probably blown the top four with some of the previous points dropped - meaning we're going to have to pull something out of the bag in one of the trickier games, but that was a real confidence boost as much as anything and I feel we massively needed that. Wolves losing as well made it a good day for us as Man Utd & Chelsea were always winning.

Everything about us yesterday and at the minute is just stale.

Everything wrong with Roy Hodgson has been evident over the previous three defeats. We have nothing to play for, nada, yet were still playing for 0-0's and trying to knick something on the counter. We're one nil down against Leicester, and would still bring on a defensive midfielder as opposed to somebody that can dictate the game and control play in Max Meyer. We're still not giving youth an opportunity, despite having five substitutes. There's about 15+ teams id rather watch at the minute as a temporary arm chair fan that my own.

Wilfried Zaha looks absolutely knackered. We are running him in to the ground which is doing his price tag no good. I'd rather give a Pierrick a chance to prove themselves for 30+ minutes given we have nothing to play for. Even if it means looking like a Championship quality club.

I wonder if Vicente Guaita's terrible week is down to him being nervous about playing with a slight injury. Everything he's done is very uncharacteristic of him 

I do feel Sakho is being used as a scapegoat at the minute. He at least showed some impetus to press forward. When you've got nothing to play for what's the harm in giving it a go? Unfortunately for him, when you make the same mistake 100 times and somehow only get punished once, you will get hounded that one time because you're making the same mistake. I think unfortunatly for his time is up here. He's on very big wages and the fact hes been linked with 15m move, to 10m move, to 5m move to French clubs is rather telling. A move to a Monaco may hopefully revitalise his career.

I hope Andros Townsend can find his form. He was never the quickest but he seems to have lost half a yard of pace which effectively makes him useless. Benteke plays best with Ayew and Zaha coming inside as inside forwards. Im worried that Andros Townsend may not suit our game plan at all. If nobody wants to sign Wilf, maybe selling Andros to a West Ham to fund a Mounir Chouiar is worthy of consideration.

I've said it a number of times but we are in a real difficult position going forwards. On paper you look at it and Roy Hodgson has done a magnificent job to get 40 points so deserves an opportunity to oversee what will be a huge revamp job over the next three seasons. On paper you look at it and he hasnt had the signings he's desperately needed to take us forwards in the last two transfer windows, which strengthens his case even more. However when you look deeper in to it, he has done absolutely nothing to develop players and hes treated younger overseas players rather poorly (Meyer, Riedwald, Sorloth and Camarasa). Is he the right person to see over such a hige revamp job? I just hope Steve Parish makes the right decision as it's going to be a very difficult one.

Archived