Reverse Fixture
Crystal Palace 0-2 Leicester

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Bit wild with my Everton prediction the other day. Think I'll go with 4-0 Palace. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Bit wild with my Everton prediction the other day. Think I'll go with 4-0 Palace. 

You're always far too bloody negative :D

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Stan i know you beat them this season  but aren't palace a bit of a bogey team for you?

Quite. Recent results have been 4-1, 5-0, 3-1 all in Palace's favour. 

If you've not scored in ages and you fancy a goal, come to the King Power. It's what Benteke did xD

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Quite. Recent results have been 4-1, 5-0, 3-1 all in Palace's favour. 

If you've not scored in ages and you fancy a goal, come to the King Power. It's what Benteke did xD

Is that why you haven't put the last 5 results between the  two teams in because  of this game? xD

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Is that why you haven't put the last 5 results between the  two teams in because  of this game? xD

Haha nope. Might start doing it next round though. 

25 minutes ago, Stan said:

Haha nope. Might start doing it next round though. 

For some reason I always remember palace beating you 3.0 at filbert street in the league cup the year after you won it. 2001 I think. It just seems that since then they beat you a lot. I remember you having a hard job beating Bournemouth as well.  We always seemed to have problems with Swansea. It's weird that some teams just seem to have bogey teams.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

For some reason I always remember palace beating you 3.0 at filbert street in the league cup the year after you won it. 2001 I think. It just seems that since then they beat you a lot. I remember you having a hard job beating Bournemouth as well.  We always seemed to have problems with Swansea. It's weird that some teams just seem to have bogey teams.

Yeah Bournemouth is a weird one. Both came up in the same year (14/15) but before this season, we hadn't beaten them once in Premier League. Not even in our title-winning season. Terrible record against them. 

We had a bit of success over Palace in our Championship seasons. All you need to do is mention Paul Gallagher to @The Palace Fan and it makes him uncomfortable :ph34r:

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Surprised you haven't mentioned our record at Arsenal xD

• Subscriber

Anyhow - Palace's record here is pretty good, bizarrely they've hammered us here the last two seasons, if you're a betting man I think there's some serious value in backing them again this weekend, they're 70/1 to win by 3 or more - that's paid out the last two seasons.

I really don't see any reason this will be any different either. Palace play a low block and counter attack. They're the model side to beat Leicester at our place. Our insistence on passing to death at all times is absolutely perfect for their game especially with our frequent rediscovered inability to break teams down - we've had just 10 shots on target in the 4 games since the restart.

This has to be viewed as a winnable fixture but I really do think it's got all the makings of a loss, and if we aren't careful, it could be yet another heavy one - I cannot believe we are 3rd in the league and I am resigned to us losing this. It's fucking embarrassing.

13 minutes ago, Dan said:

Surprised you haven't mentioned our record at Arsenal xD

Well yeah we did have a great record against you until recently. Would have fancied you to win at the Emirates with your form before the lockdown but obviously you haven't been so good since. We actually had a great record against Chelsea and man city before they got rich as well

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well yeah we did have a great record against you until recently. Would have fancied you to win at the Emirates with your form before the lockdown but obviously you haven't been so good since. We actually had a great record against Chelsea and man city before they got rich as well

I meant just at your ground. Arsenal v Leicester is statistically the Premier League's second most one sided fixture - behind only Everton v Fulham.

That said it used to be both home and away. Weirdly our win over you in 2017/18 at home was the first time we ever beat Wenger, and just so happened to be his final ever defeat as Arsenal manager. We've now beat you three times in a row at our place.

• Administrator

Looks like 4-2-3-1 from us.

Kasper 

Justin - Soyuncu - Evans - Chilwell

Ndidi - Tielemans

Perez                                Albrighton

Iheanacho

Vardy

And Palace start Benteke for his annual goal.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Fucking hell Efen Ekoku has got to be the most boring co-commentator ever. Why the fuck is he doing this game? 

Yawnfest ain't it with him (the game doesn't help xD).Such a bland voice to listen to though.

Justin had our best chance with a shot hitting the bar.

Palace haven't threatened at all. Only scored once from a corner all season (after having 152 corners). They're bound to ass a winner in late in the game no doubt.

We've got slow build-up but it's all we can seemingly do with Palace's defensive set-up.

• The title was changed to Leicester (Iheanacho (49") 1-0 Crystal Palace - Saturday 4th July, 2020
  • The title was changed to Leicester (Vardy, 77") 2-0 Crystal Palace - Saturday 4th July, 2020
  • Administrator

So happy for Vardy. He was lacking in so much confidence but that chance falling to him was much needed. For his own benefit more than anything else.

• The title was changed to Leicester 3-0 Crystal Palace - Saturday 4th July, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived