Wolves - 30
Draws - 28
Arsenal 57

Reverse Fixture
Arsenal 1-1 Wolves

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd take a draw here, tough place to go and we've really struggled against Wolves since they've come up. We haven't beaten them once, hopefully Arteta keeps with the 3 at the back, it's definitely our most solid formation. 

• Subscriber

With all the floundering going on around them Wolves must be thinking this is a chance to get a top 4 spot? If they play their cards right they could get a CL spot next year.

Who would have thought Wolves would be going into this game thinking a draw here would be unacceptable?

Unfortunately, that's the state of Arsenal at the mo. Realistically, Wolves will be looking at this thinking '3 points'. I mean bar Aubameyang, nothing else would scare you.

They should start Traore. I know they are very strict to their formation and like to bring him off the bench but he is the sort of player who could really have Arsenal on strings here, especially with their system.

• The title was changed to Wolves 0-1 (Saka, 43") Arsenal - Saturday 4th July, 2020
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Brilliant by Saka. This would be a massive and unexpected result if we get the 3 points.

Happy for it to stay like this :D 

• The title was changed to Wolves 0-2 (Lacazette, 86") Arsenal - Saturday 4th July, 2020
  • Administrator

Didn't expect that at all. Wolves never got going at all. Arsenal were on their game and didn't seem to get in to their top gears. Good result for others in top 4 race.

• The title was changed to Wolves 0-2 Arsenal - Saturday 4th July, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Superb win today, glad Arteta committed to 3 at the back its really paid dividends and we have now won 4 on the bounce. Arteta is surprisingly defensive, interesting to see if that's due to personnel or how he likes to set up his teams. Either way he has turned things round very well since Brighton. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

I know :( 

Probably a goal-fest.

Like I said it would say we are favourites against you. I don't think we can catch you but it would be  nice to have a good end to the season. The break has definitely affected Leicester quite badly but at the same time all clubs are in the same boat. However I would be desperately disappointed not to get into the champions league if I was a Leicester fan. What is your fan base like? You don't seem like a club that has a toxic fan base?

14 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Superb win today, glad Arteta committed to 3 at the back its really paid dividends and we have now won 4 on the bounce. Arteta is surprisingly defensive, interesting to see if that's due to personnel or how he likes to set up his teams. Either way he has turned things round very well since Brighton. 

There have been signs of improvement. We need to give him a season.  We can't expect a quick fix like some toxic fans expect. There is one particular toxic fan on here who's name I wont mention.

6 minutes ago, shut up said:

Makes the Brighton defeat more frustrating really, a game we threw away.

We've looked a much better side since Arteta took over. I hope this isn't a new manager bounce thing and we keep on improving. 

I don't think it's that. We didn't really have that to be fair. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Like I said it would say we are favourites against you. I don't think we can catch you but it would be  nice to have a good end to the season. The break has definitely affected Leicester quite badly but at the same time all clubs are in the same boat. However I would be desperately disappointed not to get into the champions league if I was a Leicester fan. What is your fan base like? You don't seem like a club that has a toxic fan base?

I wouldn't say it's that toxic but there are some proper bellends though, as there are with all clubs to be fair. 

Far too many fans just love to moan and whine about any little thing though. That's annoying.

It would be quite frustrating to miss out on CL when we've virtually been top 4 positions since start of the season or thereabouts. That run in Oct/Nov really set us up and then we lost form in December. 

10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

There have been signs of improvement. We need to give him a season.  We can't expect a quick fix like some toxic fans expect. There is one particular toxic fan on here who's name I wont mention.

Well I'm not totally sold, especially after the Brighton game, felt he had quite a bit of luck and didn't really impress me. Obviously time will be given but we can't sit on our hands if he isn't what we expected. He is learning on the job still, as it is his first managerial role and I do think the club will support him. 

Jury is still out but I do think he'll be given every opportunity. Hopefully we can have a pretty good squad revamp this upcoming window. 

Wolves were shocking. Really poor from them. But in some ways, I think it showed that maybe Champions League is too soon for them.

Look at how far back they are on the goal difference. We know they keep clean sheets but they don't have enough goals in the team. If Jimenez doesn't do it, where is the support?

They need to find more goals because there is only so many times, you can keep churning out 1-0 win's.

Credit to Arsenal for the win but more importantly, the clean sheet. Not massively tested though, let's be honest, but for Arsenal, three clean sheets in a row in the league is like gold dust for them.

Archived