Liverpool - 95
Draws - 40
Aston Villa - 58

Reverse Fixture
Aston Villa 1-2 Liverpool

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not happy about the result on Thursday. I know the majority on here are looking at it as something that doesn’t really matter but I can’t help but think the total opposite. These fucks are our main rivals. Regardless of the points difference, they are absolutely our biggest problem we have had over the last two years. Thursday was the chance to put yet another marker down, a marker to say “yeah, we are better than you and we are going to show you that” but instead, we limped away from the etihad. Klopp was raging, and I am absolutely there with him. I will never apologise for my feelings towards this situation. Yes, we have won the league but there is still plenty left to play for. I don’t ever want to see us lose, and I’m not accepting 4-0 losses, ever. 

I was unfair in one part of my criticisms, where I said I was annoyed at the lack of effort. I mixed up effort with focus. Can’t argue that the players were putting in the effort, but effort without focus to resorts to chicken head football. These players are better than that, that lack of focus is not something you can ever say about this football team and I don’t ever want to see that again. Now City have put a message out for next season; that they are here to fucking fight. These players better be ready for a slugfest like last season. 

As for this game, I’d be happy to see a few changes, especially Keita in over Gini in the midfield. Still expect a win. 

• Subscriber

I think you're right to be aggrieved with the manner of the loss on Thursday. Mentally, the battle for next season's title has already begun and the team that's failed this time round, if they have a good mentality like City and Liverpool both do, the revenge factor gives them a bit of a head start. Last thing you need is to be letting your main rivals boost their confidence against you like that.

That said, in the grand scheme of things it's not going to be a huge factor.

I get when you win the league, first time in ages, so early, it's natural to drop off.

But surely there is still a certain standard to set in these remaining games no? 

That first half was honestly awful. I actually thought Liverpool would play with a bit of zip today but its the total opposite. Very slow and cumbersome.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I get when you win the league, first time in ages, so early, it's natural to drop off.

But surely there is still a certain standard to set in these remaining games no? 

That first half was honestly awful. I actually thought Liverpool would play with a bit of zip today but its the total opposite. Very slow and cumbersome.

Exactly this. 

Not happy with thIs one bit. Play the likes of Jones, Elliot, Williams and you’ll see a bit more hunger. 

So much better since the subs came one. Firmino making a massive difference. 

Origi just is not good enough. Can’t be relied upon at all. Scored some big goals for us but we need improvements in attack. 

Much better once the first lot of subs were made. Controlled the game after that really. Nice seeing Jones get a goal after signing his contract. I’d be tempted to start him against Brighton. 

• The topic was unpinned

What do Pool fans think of Ox? I haven't seen a lot of him since he left us, but he looked the exact same player who I was happy to see the back of today. I know injuries have rocked his Liverpool career a bit, but he was one of the better sales we've made. 

That was an extra shit match without fans tbh. Our first game after winning the title at Anfield, Pepe Reina being back at Anfield, and Curtis Jones scoring his first league goal for us. Today should have been a great day for the match going fans.

Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

What do Pool fans think of Ox? I haven't seen a lot of him since he left us, but he looked the exact same player who I was happy to see the back of today. I know injuries have rocked his Liverpool career a bit, but he was one of the better sales we've made. 

He’s normally a lot better than he was today. I actually like him a lot, even though injuries have sort of cost him a regular place in the side. But he’s a good player that’s made some important contributions in the side and I’ve been pretty happy with us signing him.

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Good squad player. Don't think he has the consistency of a Henderson or Wijnaldum but is a different player. Offers something different to those two. Today wasn't one of his better days

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

He’s normally a lot better than he was today. I actually like him a lot, even though injuries have sort of cost him a regular place in the side. But he’s a good player that’s made some important contributions in the side and I’ve been pretty happy with us signing him.

Surely if Thiago comes in it'll limit him further. I reckon he'd be a nice back-up to Trent, I think he played his best football at fullback for us. 

3 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Surely if Thiago comes in it'll limit him further. I reckon he'd be a nice back-up to Trent, I think he played his best football at fullback for us. 

I don’t think he’s played at fullback for us, I know he’s been on the wings before with us... but I’ve always thought (for us, at least) he works well as in our 3 man midfield.

I think Neco Williams is probably next in line after Trent for fullback. Either him or Milner (who’s getting on now).

Honestly I think if Thiago comes... he’s also a pretty injury prone player if I remember right, so it may be another case of having a talented midfielder (tbh probably more talented than Ox) that’s in and out of the side due to injury. I also worry we’re looking at him in case Wijnaldum doesn’t extend his contract (because I want us to keep Gini for a bit longer - underrated player for sure).

11 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Liverpool have routinely played 50 games a year since he signed for them, he’d walk into an Arsenal side after drinking 15 pints. A quality player to have at your disposal. Instead Arsenal have that Guendoz (sp) fella who is out of his depth at this level.  

Archived