Stoke vs Barnsley

Sunday 5nd July, 2020
Middlesbrough vs QPR, 14.00
Swansea vs Sheff Weds, 12.00
West Brom vs Hull

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luton. You got to laugh. Put all their efforts into a 1-1 draw against us midweek, and then completely cave next game. So many times I've noticed teams try like fuck this season with us then fall flat after. QPR, Wigan, Charlton, Millwall, Wednesday etc.

Anyway, pleased with the win. Could have been a few more in truth but overall, good team performance and onto the next one.

Shame we have to wait till Thursday for Stoke. Not once since lockdown do we get to play a single game before Brentford and apply pressure, it's always after, but that's Sky and they want to make it interesting.

5 more to go.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Luton. You got to laugh. Put all their efforts into a 1-1 draw against us midweek, and then completely cave next game. So many times I've noticed that from teams this season after games against us. QPR, Wigan, Charlton etc.

Anyway, pleased with the win. Could have been a few more in truth but overall, good team performance and onto the next one.

Shame we have to wait till Thursday for Stoke. Not once since lockdown do we get to play a single game before Brentford and apply pressure, it's always after, but that's Sky and they want to make it interesting.

5 more to go.

Bees are on an absolutely tear at the moment. Certainly look to be the most dangerous team ATM.

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

Bees are on an absolutely tear at the moment. Certainly look to be the most dangerous team ATM.

They are, and credit to them for that given two games were against Fulham and West Brom. Flying. Cannot knock them.

But the scheduling of fixtures is a bit sussed. It's not a major thing but nearly all these games we have to play after them, never before, including the next two. So its more pressure on us to keep playing catch up.

So annoying that we don't have the chance to pull clear and pressure them in anyway. But Sky like to keep the viewers entertained.

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

They are, and credit to them for that given two games were against Fulham and West Brom. Flying. Cannot knock them.

But the scheduling of fixtures is a bit sussed. It's not a major thing but nearly all these games we have to play after them, never before, including the next two. So its more pressure on us to keep playing catch up.

So annoying that we don't have the chance to pull clear and pressure them in anyway. But Sky like to keep the viewers entertained.

Yeah, I have heard you mention that before and it's annoying for sure.

All pressure right now is on West Brom though. They aren't playing that well, and with Leeds and Bees already winning, they are under pressure. It doesn't matter if they are playing a bottom feeder, they have to come out and win whereas Leeds and Brentford get to become Hull fans for 2 hours.

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah, I have heard you mention that before and it's annoying for sure.

All pressure right now is on West Brom though. They aren't playing that well, and with Leeds and Bees already winning, they are under pressure. It doesn't matter if they are playing a bottom feeder, they have to come out and win whereas Leeds and Brentford get to become Hull fans for 2 hours.

I expect West Brom to sweep them aside if I'm honest. That win in midweek was just the tonic they needed and Hull are absolutely woeful. But you never know.

Derby play West Brom and Brentford in the same week. They play us second from last game as well. So they will be key in the race. Tricky opponent for anyone.

And you can bet your bottom dollar with the recent history, they will try like fuck against us. Hope they put the same effort in against the other two.

Had a little bit of a break from reading through here, but will breeze back in to say I hate football and I hate everything to do with the operation of Rovers. Only consolation right now is that if Oxford come up it's a ground I need, and there's no guarantee anyone can even fucking go to it.

Fair play to Leeds today, we had no response and even after we pulled one back there was only going to be one winner whilst we had Calamity Walton in goal. Deservedly going up this season and with any luck they'll take someone like Forest with them to give the Premier League some proper new blood.

45 minutes ago, tlr said:

Had a little bit of a break from reading through here, but will breeze back in to say I hate football and I hate everything to do with the operation of Rovers. Only consolation right now is that if Oxford come up it's a ground I need, and there's no guarantee anyone can even fucking go to it.

Fair play to Leeds today, we had no response and even after we pulled one back there was only going to be one winner whilst we had Calamity Walton in goal. Deservedly going up this season and with any luck they'll take someone like Forest with them to give the Premier League some proper new blood.

Maybe a tad naive in the approach as it suited us to a tee, but credit for giving it a go and trying to attack than sticking 10 behind the ball.

Not many are prepared to have a go at us and first half was very open. Bit of luck and you may have scored. Just unfortunate for you that we seemed to puck the ideal moment to score each time today.

23 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Maybe a tad naive in the approach as it suited us to a tee, but credit for giving it a go and trying to attack than sticking 10 behind the ball.

Not many are prepared to have a go at us and first half was very open. Bit of luck and you may have scored. Just unfortunate for you that we seemed to puck the ideal moment to score each time today.

I've learnt never to expect any sort of nuance from our beloved manager, I honestly can't actually remember the last time we played a match with any sort of bespoke tactics or formation. If our copy and paste method plays into the opposition's hands it's just unfortunate for us really.

I think the match hinged on that Sam Gallagher chance just after you went ahead. He converts that and it's a different story. Perhaps similar was Holtby's disallowed goal a short while after. Your third just completely finished us though, never had a look in after that. Some serious talent in your side though, honestly never thought you left second gear and I'm sure you could have done a proper job on us had you wanted.

1 hour ago, tlr said:

I've learnt never to expect any sort of nuance from our beloved manager, I honestly can't actually remember the last time we played a match with any sort of bespoke tactics or formation. If our copy and paste method plays into the opposition's hands it's just unfortunate for us really.

I think the match hinged on that Sam Gallagher chance just after you went ahead. He converts that and it's a different story. Perhaps similar was Holtby's disallowed goal a short while after. Your third just completely finished us though, never had a look in after that. Some serious talent in your side though, honestly never thought you left second gear and I'm sure you could have done a proper job on us had you wanted.

Without sounding patronising, I felt reasonably comfortable watching it because of the sheer amount of space we kept getting. Not always used to that. But you are right, any of those chances go in and it suddenly becomes uncomfortable for us.

We should have probably added a couple more but we're rarely a clinical side. If we had a bit more quality in the final third, we could be really lethal but sadly not.

I'm just happy with the points. We have come unstuck there a couple times in recent years and normally its been because you've bombarded us in the air where we are weak. Luckily today it was never like that.

I think Mowbray is a nice guy and up to Covid, you were on a nice run but you haven't got going since the restart and I think it's clear that he is not the man to take you to the next level sadly. You need a bit more ruthlessness at the helm.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived