• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lee Johnson Sacked By Bristol City

football forum

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Eco said:

Surprise isn't this? Lee was the man who brought Bristol City so close to the EPL at one point, and they haven't been that bad this year have they?

I think the club need to be pushing for promotion and they obviously feel he is not going to deliver it. Bristol city are quite a patient club really compared to most. Their fans are more patient than a lot of clubs as well. He had a lot of criticism at the beginning but most fans have been quite patient with him since 

He had to go.

He's taken them as far as he can and try as he might, he just cannot break through that glass celing to take them further.

The club is pretty well run and the board have supported him well so he has had resources to do something. I think ultimately, he is not the best tactically.

I've seen fans of the club comment on him referring to this over the past couple years and it seems a very 'marmite' kind of feeling towards him.

He's had the team in a good position to get into the playoffs a few times now, and they always seem to tail off so you have to wonder just why this keeps happening.

Change is definitely needed. I think they will look to someone like Chris Hughton possibly as the man to get them up. He's a bit more defensive minded but he has done it with Newcastle and Brighton.

On 04/07/2020 at 18:34, Eco said:

Surprise isn't this? Lee was the man who brought Bristol City so close to the EPL at one point, and they haven't been that bad this year have they?

No. They’re awful. Have a good spell of a few games then don’t win in seven. 

On 05/07/2020 at 14:55, Lucas said:

He had to go.

He's taken them as far as he can and try as he might, he just cannot break through that glass celing to take them further.

The club is pretty well run and the board have supported him well so he has had resources to do something. I think ultimately, he is not the best tactically.

I've seen fans of the club comment on him referring to this over the past couple years and it seems a very 'marmite' kind of feeling towards him.

He's had the team in a good position to get into the playoffs a few times now, and they always seem to tail off so you have to wonder just why this keeps happening.

Change is definitely needed. I think they will look to someone like Chris Hughton possibly as the man to get them up. He's a bit more defensive minded but he has done it with Newcastle and Brighton.

Houghton would be perfect.  Johnson is like marmite. I live in Bristol and fans opinions are mixed. A lot of it comes from his playing days where some fans think he got special treatment  from his dad. Not sure of he has been backed that well though.  And also city have had a habit of going on a bad run for years. It happend before he arrived.  

Archived