Kepa

James---Christensen---Zouma---Dave

Gilmour

Barkley---Mount

Willian------------------Pulisic

Giroud 

Called it

Just now, carefreeluke said:

Some of the best football we’ve played all season, won’t count for nothing though if we don’t come away with three points.

I thought before the water break we were awful in creating space for Gilmour to pass through. 

Kepa testing my patience now. Looks like we finally figured out our best back line and have finally figured out marking set pieces. No where for him to hide now. 

28 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

James needs to tighten the fuck up, half arsed defending, been the case for a while now. Teams keep finding a way through on that right hand side of defence in general, Christensen just as bad at times.

James makes a big mistake for the goal as well. He was a bit suspect defensively before the lockdown anyway but for me he hasn’t been up to the pace since we’ve returned. Needs to sort himself out. I’d be giving the likes of Alonso, Rudiger,  and Azpilicueta stick if they had been performing the same.

37 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I thought before the water break we were awful in creating space for Gilmour to pass through. 

Kepa testing my patience now. Looks like we finally figured out our best back line and have finally figured out marking set pieces. No where for him to hide now. 

31 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

@Cicero

Yeah mate. Kepa’s first season was a bit of a mixed bag but you did see potential with him and signs that he could be our keeper for the long term. This season though he’s been dreadful.

He was too expensive. The club can't cut him now unless a significant return comes. In my opinoin it'd be best to stick with Kepa for now, if he improves, fantastic and all is well, if he doesn't patience for another GK would be wise as opposed to pulling the trigger ASAP. 

Also, I'm excited to see Jorginho back on the pitch (don't know why he is so divisive)

Crystal Palace were in general dominated but they had enough quality to create chances, on another day they easily could have had one or three points.

Tammy Abraham, fantastic goal but he gave the ball away at the end which led to the post clanger and didn't have any tenacity whatsoever to recover defensively.

Immense performance from Zouma tonight and should be our undisputed starting CB moving forward. MOTM :congrats:

Tammy not really showing the right attitude to justify his wage demands. Losing the ball and casually walking away whist Palace have a break on goal. The fuck was that about?

James still looks rusty, Christensen will forever have a mistake in him, and Kepa still dodgy. However, I see a drastic change in our defending at set pieces. Man marking now and it's paying off. 

Vital 3 points and we move up to 3rd. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived