Leicester - 31

Reverse Fixture
Leicester 2-0 Arsenal

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'd expect about 5+ goals in this one.

Arsenal's approach suits our style of play but they just always, always score and beat us at their place. Their attack just always has something about them to succeed. Aubameyang frightens me to be honest xD

Top 2 goalscorers in the league going head to head.

• Subscriber

They've actually hit a bit of form as well after a very poor initial restart. Catching them at a quite bad time I feel.

I sadly think it'll be another narrow loss, like it normally always is, and for once can it just not be in the last 5 minutes?

I'd take a draw from this for sure - although we absolutely have to beat Bournemouth next weekend, despite that being another place we have a bad record they're just abysmal and there is no excuse.

Interesting to see how we cope with Leicester, Arteta is going to stick with 3 at the back I assume but Leicester will definitely be the best attacking team we have faced with it. I do think we should be going into this expecting to win. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Interesting to see how we cope with Leicester, Arteta is going to stick with 3 at the back I assume but Leicester will definitely be the best attacking team we have faced with it. I do think we should be going into this expecting to win. 

We've just played three at the back ourselves for the first time in a while and you'd have to say it worked. We've been very stale going forward recently but the good thing for us is this fixture should suit us.

There should be a few goals in this to be honest.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

We've just played three at the back ourselves for the first time in a while and you'd have to say it worked. We've been very stale going forward recently but the good thing for us is this fixture should suit us.

There should be a few goals in this to be honest.

Yeah I think the 1st goal will be massive, since going 3 at the back we haven't conceded first in any game so we've been able to set ourselves up to be more cautious. Even though you have lacked form, Vardy is especially dangerous and has an outstanding record against us, not to mention Kelechi has hit some form. 

Our defenders will always have a mistake in them as well so I see us conceding. Confidence is high though so we should be looking for a good result here. 

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Yeah I think the 1st goal will be massive, since going 3 at the back we haven't conceded first in any game so we've been able to set ourselves up to be more cautious. Even though you have lacked form, Vardy is especially dangerous and has an outstanding record against us, not to mention Kelechi has hit some form. 

Our defenders will always have a mistake in them as well so I see us conceding. Confidence is high though so we should be looking for a good result here. 

It usually is with us - though for a bizarre stat our away game with you last year was the only time under Puel we went ahead and lost the game.

What's good for us, about Arsenal, is that you aren't really capable of the low block. That is irritatingly effective against us and has been for a while. I don't think you've got it in you to really do it, nor attempt it at home to us.

This should be a genuinely interesting game in my opinion. I'm intrigued to see how this pans out.

We struggle to put a few good results together. I think it's just the level we are at at the moment. So I think this will be a draw. 2.2

• Subscriber

I'd imagine we will go...

Schmeichel

Bennett - Evans - Soyuncu

Justin - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Albrighton

Ndidi Tielemans

Perez

Iheanacho - Vardy

Apparently another left back from our academy is in the squad - Luke Thomas, quite highly rated.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Dan said:

I'd imagine we will go...

Schmeichel

Bennett - Evans - Soyuncu

Justin - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Albrighton

Ndidi Tielemans

Perez

Iheanacho - Vardy

Apparently another left back from our academy is in the squad - Luke Thomas, quite highly rated.

Perez might not be fit so can see Tielemans there with Praet next to Ndidi. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Perez might not be fit so can see Tielemans there with Praet next to Ndidi. 

As soon as it finally looked like we had Perez in a role that properly suits him as well.

• Subscriber
Just now, MUFC said:

Arsenal should be 3 up. Does anyone still think this Leicester team is better than their title winning side?!

Anyone saying things like that as early as November is a clown anyway.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived