talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 1-1 Leicester - Tuesday 7th July, 2020

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Arsenal should be 3 up. Does anyone still think this Leicester team is better than their title winning side?!

Who even thought that anyway? 

This team finds it difficult to grind out wins when things don't go our way. That title side won when we didn't play well. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

God knows how this is only 1-0. We played well for about 10 minutes but since the goal we've been battered. Schmeichel the only reason this isn't about 3-0.

Well, not the only reason, I'm still not totally convinced that Iheanacho goal was a foul. I'm not saying it wasn't, but I'm not convinced it was either, and it was all over and done with brushed under that carpet way too quickly for my liking - again. We need to get more aggressive in contesting for these things. Team of soft arses.

Pretty interesting half, Leicester started very well and Kelechi missed a fantastic chance, but we were the better team as soon as we scored. Brilliant goal from Auba and another superb assist for Saka, what a ridiculous talent that boy is. Sensational half by Ceballos as well, been pretty dire all season but has hit some top form in the last few games. Easily our best player today, wasn't keen on seeing him next season but if this keeps up maybe he would be worth investing in. 

10 minutes ago, Dan said:

God knows how this is only 1-0. We played well for about 10 minutes but since the goal we've been battered. Schmeichel the only reason this isn't about 3-0.

Well, not the only reason, I'm still not totally convinced that Iheanacho goal was a foul. I'm not saying it wasn't, but I'm not convinced it was either, and it was all over and done with brushed under that carpet way too quickly for my liking - again. We need to get more aggressive in contesting for these things. Team of soft arses.

Looked a bit soft but both the ref and lino gave it as a foul, don't really know why Iheanacho engaged like that. 

Really annoyed, poor second half compounded by the red card. A real frustrating one for me, eyes on the ball and a genuine attempt and he catches him unintentionally high. We've had a few of those this season which has cost us points. 

Although we weren't good in the second Leicester weren't looking that threatening. Can't blame it all on the red though should've been out of sight after the first half. I don't want to see Lacazette stinking up the place anymore, just play Saka, Aubameyang and Pepe up top against Spurs ffs. 

Forgot to mention Tierney today, what a player he is. Honestly has all the tools to be one of the best in world for me. Funnily enough he is the exact type of signing Leicester would make and I'd be thinking why didn't we get him?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

Perez touched it didn't he? Vardy was surely offside at that point.

Can see why people thought it but I think that was trick of the camera angle. The ball just didn't change direction in the slightest.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Ruling the equaliser out would've been harsh but the red was also harsh in my opinion. Should've done better with our chances anyway.

Not at all. It's not even one of those where you think it's debatable. It's studs on knee and that's always dangerous. May not be malicious but it's a red all day. I'm surprised it even got to the point where the pitch side monitor had to be used. Appreciate that from refs initial view it was a yellow but its a red all day long. 

As for the offside, looked clear to me there's no touch from Perez.

I've only watched the last 20 so can't really comment on other stuff before that however it did sound like Kasper was keeping us in the game at that point and Arsenal could have had 4 or 5. Said that so many times when it comes to games away at Arsenal. Our first point there in God knows how many years so will happily take it. Never a great place to go for us. 

Have to be beating Bournemouth on Sunday to ensure we stay top 4. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Not at all. It's not even one of those where you think it's debatable. It's studs on knee and that's always dangerous. May not be malicious but it's a red all day. I'm surprised it even got to the point where the pitch side monitor had to be used. Appreciate that from refs initial view it was a yellow but its a red all day long. 

As for the offside, looked clear to me there's no touch from Perez.

I've only watched the last 20 so can't really comment on other stuff before that however it did sound like Kasper was keeping us in the game at that point and Arsenal could have had 4 or 5. Said that so many times when it comes to games away at Arsenal. Our first point there in God knows how many years so will happily take it. Never a great place to go for us. 

Have to be beating Bournemouth on Sunday to ensure we stay top 4. 

You know even at 1-1 in injury time I still had this feeling we'd somehow manage to lose. That's just the nature of that fixture for us. Like it would've taken something ridiculous - but that fixture often does produce exactly that, and never in our favour.

I am disappointed we didn't win, if I'm honest, I thought we were too passive in injury time yet again.

I think we need a minimum of 7 points from the next 3. Manchester United will piss 3rd. It's us against Chelsea I feel now.

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

By that logic, Vardy should've seen red as well for putting a couple of holes on the side of Mustafi's head.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, 6666 said:

By that logic, Vardy should've seen red as well for putting a couple of holes on the side of Mustafi's head.

I've not seen it so won't comment just yet. 

• Administrator

Okay I've just seen it. You're off your rocker if you think Vardy's is the same as Nketiah xD

Vardy is falling and it's quite clearly and obviously an accident ffs 

Nketiah goes to the ball, totally misses it and crunches Justin on the side of the knee with his studs. 

In fact the two are quite incomparable. It's not as if Vardy even knows where Mustafi's face is as he literally falls to the ground with his back to the defender. It's not a swipe or a kick out. 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Okay I've just seen it. You're off your rocker if you think Vardy's is the same as Nketiah xD

Vardy is falling and it's quite clearly and obviously an accident ffs 

Nketiah goes to the ball, totally misses it and crunches Justin on the side of the knee with his studs. 

In fact the two are quite incomparable. It's not as if Vardy even knows where Mustafi's face is as he literally falls to the ground with his back to the defender. It's not a swipe or a kick out. 

Vardy was falling down in one direction but decided to spin round with his leg in the air. That was an extra movement. Not saying he was trying to catch Mustafi's face but he knew Mustafi was there and his extra, studs first spin could be deemed as reckless. A red would've been harsh but the red for Nketiah was also harsh.

11 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Vardy was falling down in one direction but decided to spin round with his leg in the air. That was an extra movement. Not saying he was trying to catch Mustafi's face but he knew Mustafi was there and his extra, studs first spin could be deemed as reckless. A red would've been harsh but the red for Nketiah was also harsh.

You can maybe make an argument that he knew Mustafi was there, you could also make an argument that he's not really aware of where Mustafi's falling as he's falling with his eyes looking the other direction. I think any contact there is purely accidental, maybe reckless... maybe not though. Honestly, I think it's a massive stretch to assume that Vardy knows Mustafi's head is there based off how the two players are coming together.

Nketiah's isn't that harsh, imo it's the type of red card challenge that VAR's meant to review. Because without seeing it up close and replayed, it seemed pretty innocuous. But on review, it's pretty clear it's a reckless challenge worthy of getting sent off for.

I don't think Nketiah's a dirty player or anything, he's a young kid hungry to prove himself... you see it as he's going in for the challenge... and if he'd pulled it off, it'd probably have been hailed as a brilliant challenge. But he's in such a hurry to get to the ball and pull it off and the ball's moving too fast... it becomes a reckless challenge once he goes in. Then he catches him on the side of the knee, studs up.

I usually hate VAR, but I think it's done it's job well there.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived