Reverse Fixture
Newcastle 2-2 Man City

• This topic was unpinned, pinned and unlocked
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/07/2020 at 07:13, Harvsky said:

Not this again.

I was looking at it the other day. Hasn't Bruce actually improved you? Haven't quite looked at all the league positions but he has done a good job really hasn't he?

3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I was looking at it the other day. Hasn't Bruce actually improved you? Haven't quite looked at all the league positions but he has done a good job really hasn't he?

We were so strong in the 2nd half of last season that I can't support the idea that we have improved. We collapsed for the majority of the season and are only now starting to look like we might be able to get back to what we had developed.

The credit Bruce deserves is for us being better since end of Feb, since ditching 5 at the back. Prior to that the regression was dreadful. The football was the worst in my life time. The club was dead. The atmosphere was shocking as we struggled to get the ball off bang average opponents.

Before end of February early March we were utter shite. The only reason we weren't in the bottom 3 was because we had robbed so many teams blind.

Out played at home to Norwich. Worst possession stats in all top flight league's in Europe. Goalkeeper with the most saves in the entire league. One of the low points being 28% possession at home to Brighton and Hove Albion. 

We come back, can't beat or outplay Villa or West Ham at home but got 2 good results out of 5 and the Times are printing articles calling Bruce manager of the year. I suppose by Bruce's own standard's that is manager of the year.

Bruce has seemingly turned his own failure around somewhat in terms of performances. Results don't really tell the picture of what has happened on the pitch throughout the season.

Man City is only good at beating Liverpool since Covid football started, would not be surprised if NFC get something out of this. 

For those living on the eastern part of the Iceberg (Kanada), man is it hot!  we had a rain storm over night, so the humidity is sauna like outside, perfect weather for staying inside and watching covid football on tv.  Kinda looking forward to see what happens with the Disneyworld Cup starting tonight, in a sick way.  Florida is a cesspool of covid cases.

2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

We were so strong in the 2nd half of last season that I can't support the idea that we have improved. We collapsed for the majority of the season and are only now starting to look like we might be able to get back to what we had developed.

The credit Bruce deserves is for us being better since end of Feb, since ditching 5 at the back. Prior to that the regression was dreadful. The football was the worst in my life time. The club was dead. The atmosphere was shocking as we struggled to get the ball off bang average opponents.

Before end of February early March we were utter shite. The only reason we weren't in the bottom 3 was because we had robbed so many teams blind.

Out played at home to Norwich. Worst possession stats in all top flight league's in Europe. Goalkeeper with the most saves in the entire league. One of the low points being 28% possession at home to Brighton and Hove Albion. 

We come back, can't beat or outplay Villa or West Ham at home but got 2 good results out of 5 and the Times are printing articles calling Bruce manager of the year. I suppose by Bruce's own standard's that is manager of the year.

Bruce has seemingly turned his own failure around somewhat in terms of performances. Results don't really tell the picture of what has happened on the pitch throughout the season.

Your 12th in the league you finished 13th last year ? Even if he did make early mistakes he turned it around. If Benitez was I  charge you would be saying he was doing a great job. Personally to me it seems Newcastle have a toxic fan base. I've even know some newcastle supporters say the same thing. Your fans always seem to think you are bigger than you are. I'm not saying all newcastle fans are like that but they seems to have more toxic fans than a lot of clubs 

• The title was changed to Man City (Jesus, 10") 1-0 Newcastle - Wednesday 8th July, 2020
  • The title was changed to Man City (Mahrez, 21") 2-0 Newcastle - Wednesday 8th July, 2020
  • Administrator

Another assist for De Bruyne.

Another goal for Mahrez.

So much space for De Bruyne to cut the ball back and find Mahrez who also has a lot of space to pick his spot. It's quite easy.

9 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Your 12th in the league you finished 13th last year ? Even if he did make early mistakes he turned it around. If Benitez was I  charge you would be saying he was doing a great job. Personally to me it seems Newcastle have a toxic fan base. I've even know some newcastle supporters say the same thing. Your fans always seem to think you are bigger than you are. I'm not saying all newcastle fans are like that but they seems to have more toxic fans than a lot of clubs 

I'm not a league table pundit. I don't go on the BBC website and decide what's good and what's not for each club based on preconceived notions of where the club should be. 

You're interpreting my views based on the way you read football, not the way I do.

3 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

I'm not a league table pundit. I don't go on the BBC website and decide what's good and what's not for each club based on preconceived notions of where the club should be. 

You're interpreting my views based on the way you read football, not the way I do.

I'm just pointing out where you were last season and where you are now. I just think Newcastle fans seem toxic to me. They always seems to think they should be doing better than they are. And the way they have treated some managers is terrible. Admittedly you should be doing better than you are but you aren't because of Ashley. But that still doesn't change the fact that they have treated some managers terribly.  If you were lower than you are right now under Benitez the fans wouldn't be moaning.  But they don't like bruce and that is that.

36 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm just pointing out where you were last season and where you are now. I just think Newcastle fans seem toxic to me. They always seems to think they should be doing better than they are. And the way they have treated some managers is terrible. Admittedly you should be doing better than you are but you aren't because of Ashley. But that still doesn't change the fact that they have treated some managers terribly.  If you were lower than you are right now under Benitez the fans wouldn't be moaning.  But they don't like bruce and that is that.

So we are not allowed to express any form of discomfort with being bossed at home by Brighton and Norwich City and having the worst possession stats in Europe without being accused of being toxic and entitled.

We are not allowed to provide a fuller assessment of Bruce unless it matches the Southern media's assessment of what is a good job. Can't even say he's done OK but that's short of good.

Rather than asking if the points are correct and fair, if it isn't positive then it's the result of toxic Bruce hatred.

• The title was changed to Man City (Silva, 65") 4-0 Newcastle - Wednesday 8th July, 2020
  • The title was changed to Man City 5-0 Newcastle - Wednesday 8th July, 2020
  • Administrator

Any sane football fan should miss David Silva. Man City fans obviously will but as much as De Bruyne is appreciated by all, Silva should be too - phenomenal player to enjoy watching.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Any sane football fan should miss David Silva. Man City fans obviously will but as much as De Bruyne is appreciated by all, Silva should be too - phenomenal player to enjoy watching.

That's a horrible post. Assuming City will lose Silva, Sane and De Bruyne all in one sentence? Disgusting :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned
2 hours ago, Rick said:

It's rich coming from an Arsenal fan.

I'm not a toxic fan though. I know arsenal have a toxic fan base.

Archived