Draws - 8
Liverpool - 18

Reverse Fixture
Liverpool 2-1 Brighton

• The topic was unlocked
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see Trent in midfield any time soon and I don't know why people keep suggesting it.

I do think he'll rest the two full backs in one of the next two (not necessarily same game). Which is a chance for Williams to get some game time

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Would like to see a good bit of game time for the younger lads in this. I’d be tempted to try Trent in the midfield for this with Neco Williams at the back. 

I'm intrigued by the idea of this but frankly I don't want him starting to dream of moving out of a position he's among the best in the world in.

Neco Williams does warrant further minutes tho so it could be possible.

Definitely I'd like to see some rotation now, I'm not really interested whether we beat cities points really anymore'.

Test out your squad players. More time for Naby and Minamino.

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Trent is amazing going forward, but nowhere near the same defensively. That can’t be argued surely? 

That’s why I’m suggesting it. 

But part of the reason he's so good at full back is because he gets more space and time on the ball. Having Salah occupying players on the right helps and he knows the midfielders will cover if he's further forward.

Maybe in time when there's a change of system he might move there but I don't see why he would at the moment.

• The title was changed to Brighton 0-1 (Salah, 6") Liverpool - Wednesday 8th July, 2020
  • The title was changed to Brighton 0-2 (Henderson, 8") Liverpool - Wednesday 8th July, 2020
  • The title was changed to Brighton (Trossard, 45") 1-2 Liverpool - Wednesday 8th July, 2020

Williams has been decent on the ball but aside from the last ditch block he's not having a good time defensively. To be fair, he's not getting much help from Chamberlain either. I think that's where Mane is underrated in that position, in helping out the full back

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Good goal from Brighton. Their rightback has had a really good half tbh, Neco Williams clearly has a lot of potential... but he's clearly not as good defensively as TAA, Robertson, or Milner.

And he's playing on his wrong side. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

And he's playing on his wrong side. 

Yeah - I'm not all that surprised though. Figured at least one of our fullbacks would be getting a rest here - and at this stage of the season (where the season's over for us) it makes more sense to go with Neco at leftback than Milner.

• The title was changed to Brighton 1-3 Liverpool (Salah, 76") - Wednesday 8th July, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived