West Brom vs Derby, 17.00
Wigan vs QPR

Thursday 9th July, 2020
Leeds vs Stoke, 17.00

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough week ahead for us mentally.

Not ideal having to wait till Thursday. By the time we play you would expect West Brom top by 2pts and Brentford third, 3pts behind if results go as you'd expect.

And the likelihood is we're faced with a similar scenario Sunday by the time we play Swansea. So we are constantly playing catch up.

That said, I'd go with the exact same team Thursday that beat Blackburn. We have to shut out everything around us and focus purely on ourselves. Got to win this one.

10 more points we need to guarantee it. We can't keep winning then dropping points, need to string 3 wins together to really kill the hopes of the others.

2 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Brentford equalise. Benrahma pen. 1-1.

Watch Brentford score a last minute goal to win 2-1 and break all the hearts of Brommies and Leeds.

27 minutes ago, Danny said:

Leeds and Charlton twitter losing it over Thomas Frank bringing a tactics board out at the water break is almost as good as a last minute winner

I did see that. They are clutching at straws really. Brentford have taken advantage of a situation that currently exists in the game and profited. Anyone could do it, even us.

If Bielsa does it, they would be quick enough to justify it, so don't see why so many are up in arms about it personally.

But you have to remember, when you've seen nothing but agony and every bit of bad luck go against you, and you want something so desperately, people sometimes try to make something out of nothing.

I don't think it helps that we are having to wait and play all these last games after you either. It's making people crack up.

Good comeback anyway. I was quietly hoping for a Charlton result but in truth, I didn't expect it.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived