talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2019/20 - 7-9th July, 2020

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Triple sub. Murphy, Vaulks and Glatzel off and Ward, Paterson and @Stan's favourite player Tomlin on. 

Annoyingly, all three of Blackburn's goals have been due to absolute defensive fuck ups. We only conceded one in four prior to this. 

Annoying when that happens isn't it! xD

11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Annoying when that happens isn't it! xD

More annoying when our defence has been solid as well since the restart. 

Can't lie though. Even without the cock ups, Blackburn have deserved this win really. We did fine in the first half but simply haven't turned up in the second half. Blackburn stepped it up and we simply struggled. 

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I did see that. They are clutching at straws really. Brentford have taken advantage of a situation that currently exists in the game and profited. Anyone could do it, even us.

If Bielsa does it, they would be quick enough to justify it, so don't see why so many are up in arms about it personally.

But you have to remember, when you've seen nothing but agony and every bit of bad luck go against you, and you want something so desperately, people sometimes try to make something out of nothing.

I don't think it helps that we are having to wait and play all these last games after you either. It's making people crack up.

Good comeback anyway. I was quietly hoping for a Charlton result but in truth, I didn't expect it.

Don’t get me wrong I’m sure most of your fanbase wouldn’t care but Twitter brings out the worst in every side

I loved the tactics board out, such a Brentford move. Every coach is giving tactical advice during the water break, we go ahead and bring out the board. And we got the comeback win too, 1-0 down then 2-1 up as Charlton parked the bus

Through a lot of points in the season we probably lose today, maybe draw. Since the restart we are a team on a mission, we just have to win every game we play and we go up regardless. Feels like we’ve got the bit between our teeth

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

The water break has become a bit of a farce now really. 

I don’t really get the upset, there’s been a 3 month break and now we’re playing 2 games a week. Players fitness and well being has to be paramount

Scrap it at the end of the season though

57 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

More annoying when our defence has been solid as well since the restart. 

Can't lie though. Even without the cock ups, Blackburn have deserved this win really. We did fine in the first half but simply haven't turned up in the second half. Blackburn stepped it up and we simply struggled. 

It's even more annoying when you have 70% of the ball and 17 shots, trust me... :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Danny said:

Don’t get me wrong I’m sure most of your fanbase wouldn’t care but Twitter brings out the worst in every side

I loved the tactics board out, such a Brentford move. Every coach is giving tactical advice during the water break, we go ahead and bring out the board. And we got the comeback win too, 1-0 down then 2-1 up as Charlton parked the bus

Through a lot of points in the season we probably lose today, maybe draw. Since the restart we are a team on a mission, we just have to win every game we play and we go up regardless. Feels like we’ve got the bit between our teeth

I would never judge a fanbase on Twitter, if I did, I'd probably dislike mine xD

Credit to you, doing all you can to push us and WBA. I didn't see the game, saw the penalty earlier which was fortunate but you need luck and you are taking advantage of it. More importantly, you believe you can win every game.

Whether you do, I don't know. Seems like there will be a few twists yet, always a result that comes from left field out of nowhere like us v Wigan last year. We just need to keep doing our job but its not easy for us considering the next 4 will all be after you and WBA have played.

Just now, Lucas said:

I would never judge a fanbase on Twitter, if I did, I'd probably dislike mine xD

Credit to you, doing all you can to push us and WBA. I didn't see the game, saw the penalty earlier which was fortunate but you need luck and you are taking advantage of it. More importantly, you believe you can win every game.

Whether you do, I don't know. Seems like there will be a few twists yet, always a result that comes from left field out of nowhere like us v Wigan last year. We just need to keep doing our job but its not easy for us considering the next 4 will all be after you and WBA have played. 

I believe we can win every game remaining, Im just not so sure we will go up 😅

What you’re seeing at the moment is peak Brentford, Thomas Frank and the coaching staffs zero fucks given about anything other than performing to a high standard, not stress and not pressure. If I didn’t support Brentford but saw all of this I’d say we’re dead certs to go up...but like any football fan I can’t share that same confidence when it’s the team I support. Much like you and your lot, you have too spot sewn up imo but I bet it doesn’t feel like that 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Danny said:

I don’t really get the upset, there’s been a 3 month break and now we’re playing 2 games a week. Players fitness and well being has to be paramount

Scrap it at the end of the season though

It's not that much to do with players fitness. It's more the fact that drinks breaks are used when it's sweltering conditions. I think there's only been a handful of matches where you could argue it's been essential to have it due to hot weather. 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's not that much to do with players fitness. It's more the fact that drinks breaks are used when it's sweltering conditions. I think there's only been a handful of matches where you could argue it's been essential to have it due to hot weather. 

Aye but the decision to have them has to be consistent...plus we are literally coming out of a pre-season, the end of this season is a pre-season in terms of fitness

2 hours ago, Danny said:

I believe we can win every game remaining, Im just not so sure we will go up 😅

What you’re seeing at the moment is peak Brentford, Thomas Frank and the coaching staffs zero fucks given about anything other than performing to a high standard, not stress and not pressure. If I didn’t support Brentford but saw all of this I’d say we’re dead certs to go up...but like any football fan I can’t share that same confidence when it’s the team I support. Much like you and your lot, you have too spot sewn up imo but I bet it doesn’t feel like that 

Definitely.

I'm just haunted by the many bottle jobs that have occured. It's nearly always been negative with this club. It's got progressively worse with last year topping the lot. So you can't help but feel like you will blow it.

If it happens again, we're done for. I don't know how many times you can emotionally go through it but this literally is the last chance saloon and no coming back from it. That is why we are so desperate for it.

I'm not enjoying any game, they are all ordeals, some worse than others. I won't relax till it's mathematically certain we are up. Maybe that is why Brentford are playing so freely, they don't feel the weight on the shoulders quite like what we feel about it.

12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Definitely.

I'm just haunted by the many bottle jobs that have occured. It's nearly always been negative with this club. It's got progressively worse with last year topping the lot. So you can't help but feel like you will blow it.

If it happens again, we're done for. I don't know how many times you can emotionally go through it but this literally is the last chance saloon and no coming back from it. That is why we are so desperate for it.

I'm not enjoying any game, they are all ordeals, some worse than others. I won't relax till it's mathematically certain we are up. Maybe that is why Brentford are playing so freely, they don't feel the weight on the shoulders quite like what we feel about it.

I don’t know how you come back from failure after having Bielsa especially, you’ve been given a manager that could walk into a job in the Prem. I don’t think you’ll flop but if you did it would be a disaster, between having a manager clearly too good for this league and the money spent itd be a massive disaster

I’m not sure that’s the case, we are perennially bad when it comes to the play offs. We’ve been involved in 7 playoffs, 2 finals, also 3 EFL Cup finals and we’ve lost them all. There is a feeling around the club of “its Brentford init” when it comes to a playoff or a final, an expectation to lose. Look at how we lost the automatics to Doncaster in L1, then we lost the play off final to Yeovil.

Obviously your history is bigger but in terms of the pressure a play off would bring there is a lot of history there for us. I just think we’re a better run club than you and its coming out in our performances now we’re back to full strength, the only reason we’re not top of the table imo is because of Jansson’s injury. If we had him back sooner we would not have dropped so many points. But individually you have the quality and intensity of Bielsa and that’s taken you far

Strangely enough, the Leeds vs Stoke match today is gaining more interest than the EPL matches today, and more than any Championship match I have seen televised here in the States. 

I'll have the chance to watch it in English or Spanish, and I have seen 3 ads for it this morning. :o

• The topic was unpinned

Archived