Verona vs Inter Milan, 20.45

• The title was changed to Serie A 2019/20 - 31^ Giornata - [07/07 - 09/07]
  • The topic was unlocked
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Eco said:

Lecce score to go up 2-1 against Lazio xD

Not to sound too smug about it, but I thought that the weekend defeat to Milan would have crushed them emotionally. They've been hanging in there since the restart, scraping results. But they know it's over now.

Sarri surely doesn't survive after this season. Bloke is such a bad fit for Juve and he has trudged out the same uninspiring midfield every game since the restart. Honestly they are so reliant on moments of magic, Dybala and Ronaldo have really been carrying the attack. 

Obviously he'll probably still win the league and is still in Europe, but it wouldn't surprise me if they fail to get past Lyon. No idea why the guys at the top thought he was the man to replace Allegri. 

A couple of shocks so to speak in Serie A with Lecce beating Lazio and AC Milan winning against Juventus by scoring 4 past them in the process. Both sides deserved their wins going on the balance of play, there is no question about that.

In Milan, Rabiot opened the scoring for Juve with a lovely solo goal. He took possession of the ball in his own half, he then skipped past Theo Hernandez's sliding challenge, continued his run by racing past Romagnoli and he then unleashed a powerful shot into the net from just outside the penalty area. The Frenchman will no doubt be proud of that great effort. Kessie went on to score a nice team goal for AC Milan, but AC Milan's 3rd goal from Leao was due to terrible goalkeeping by Szczesny. The Polish goalie conceded the goal at his near post and it was a shot that he should really have saved. Rebic capped off Milan's win by scoring their 4th goal with a clinical finish and Rebic was once again influential throughout the game for AC Milan.

I think though that Lazio losing to a very average side like Lecce was even more of a surprise. Lecce could even afford to miss a penalty in that match and still come away with the win.

In all honesty the level of football by the top clubs in Italy isn't great at all. Juve remain the best side in the country, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lyon knock them out of the Champions League at the Round of 16 stage in August. Lazio despite being second in the table, do not look impressive at all to me. Inter are almost as unimpressive, despite the fact that they have a very dangerous front 3 of Eriksen, Lukaku and Martinez. They are often let down by their midfield and defence in matches. Atalanta are the one Serie A side that I really enjoy watching. Their defence is pretty bad, but they counter this defect by playing attractive all out attacking football. 

But all in all, Serie A seems to be far away from having a great side that can seriously contend for the Champions League. Right now, I don't think that even Juve are on a level with sides like Man City, Liverpool, Bayern, Dortmund, Real Madrid, Barcelona and PSG.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Suddenly, there is a Scudetto race again. 

If Atalanta beats Juventus on Saturday, they will be 6 points away from Juventus with 6 games to play. And Juventus has a tough schedule, with Lazio and Roma left. 

I feel like Lazio's race has been run, sadly :(

I would love Atalanta to beat Juve on Saturday but sadly can't see it happening. Juve are just that strong. 

On 07/07/2020 at 16:41, Chaaay AFC said:

Sarri surely doesn't survive after this season. Bloke is such a bad fit for Juve and he has trudged out the same uninspiring midfield every game since the restart. Honestly they are so reliant on moments of magic, Dybala and Ronaldo have really been carrying the attack. 

Obviously he'll probably still win the league and is still in Europe, but it wouldn't surprise me if they fail to get past Lyon. No idea why the guys at the top thought he was the man to replace Allegri. 

It was a stupid appoinment. They signed a guy known for his overly technical possession football for a team that had been dominating through power and athleticism.

5 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Suddenly, there is a Scudetto race again. 

If Atalanta beats Juventus on Saturday, they will be 6 points away from Juventus with 6 games to play. And Juventus has a tough schedule, with Lazio and Roma left. 

It is possible that Atalanta beat Juventus, but it will be a very hard task for them to win in Turin.

Even if Atalanta pull off a shock win against Juventus, I really do not see any side in Serie A catching Juventus. Juventus are the strongest team in the league, even if they are not playing as well as they were last season.

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Michael said:

It is possible that Atalanta beat Juventus, but it will be a very hard task for them to win in Turin.

Even if Atalanta pull off a shock win against Juventus, I really do not see any side in Serie A catching Juventus. Juventus are the strongest team in the league, even if they are not playing as well as they were last season.

I agree. Juventus are just too good of a team to be caught you’d say.

Inter draw tonight which means Atalanta stay third.

• The topic was unpinned
11 hours ago, Pyfish said:

I agree. Juventus are just too good of a team to be caught you’d say.

Inter draw tonight which means Atalanta stay third.

Yeah, Juve are the most consistent side, the others behind Juve are always slipping up. Inter's draw against Verona yesterday being a case in point.

Archived