talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2020 - Race 2 - Steiermark GP (10-12th July)

• Subscriber

With early weather forecasts suggesting cooler temperatures and rain, can the second race in Austria be even crazier and more chaotic than the season opener?

Zcmh2uK.png

4c4rqJ0.png

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
13 minutes ago, nudge said:

With early weather forecasts suggesting cooler temperatures and rain, can the second race in Austria be even crazier and more chaotic than the season opener?

Bottas to win the Championship?! 

• Subscriber

Being said that the only way Racing Point can get their car so similar to Mercs from last year is via design data. Either on computer or hand drawn information. Is illegal for them to have this data if they've had it given from Mercedes or illegally obtained it lol.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Being said that the only way Racing Point can get their car so similar to Mercs from last year is via design data. Either on computer or hand drawn information. Is illegal for them to have this data if they've had it given from Mercedes or illegally obtained it lol.

Illegal IP transfer from Mercedes to Racing Point? That's juicy... 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, nudge said:

Illegal IP transfer from Mercedes to Racing Point? That's juicy... 

Be great if it was copied by hacking into Mercs personal computers :banana:

Aitken to make FP1 debut for Williams in Round 2

Jack Aitken’s career will take a historic steep in Round 2, when the Campos driver debuts in Formula 1 Free Practice on Friday morning, replacing George Russell in the Williams FW43.

Aitken only joined Williams at the beginning of February, following his departure from Renault, where he had risen through their academy to become reserve driver.

His unveiling at Williams confirmed the inclusion of at least one FP1 session through the year, but it will have come sooner into the season than the British driver anticipated. Aitken will join his former F2 rival, Nicholas Latifi, in FP1.

“Driving in FP1 is a pretty special occasion for any driver,” Aitken elated. “Even though I’ve driven F1 cars before. I think I’ll definitely be driving out of pitlane with a smile on my face in the Williams FW43 though!

“After that, it’ll be just making sure I do the job as well as possible, helped a bit by all of us having been here for a weekend already. Just fingers crossed that the weather holds now!”

Aitken tested Renault’s F1 cars three times during his time with the team’s academy, but never drove during FP1.

FP1 will take place at 11am and finish at 12.30, giving Aitken just 25 minutes to swap the FW43 for his Campos machine in time for F2 Free Practice, at 12.55.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I read Syrian GP at first and thought shit has just gotten wild. 

I wanted to put it down as Steiermark GP, but thought that would be too confusing for the Brits :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

I wanted to put it down as Steiermark GP, but thought that would be too confusing for the Brits :ph34r:

Steiermark definitely sounds better than Styria though. It sounds like some coffee sweetener. 

• The title was changed to F1 2020 - Race 2 - Steiermark GP (10-12th July)
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

New ICE, MGU-H and turbo for Russell after his Mercedes engine suffered a gear drive failure in last race.

That was quick. You reckon they might all drive safe and boring after all the mechanical issues last Sunday?

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, MUFC said:

That was quick. You reckon they might all drive safe and boring after all the mechanical issues last Sunday?

Nah, I'm not particularly worried about that.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived