The better place to talk football.

F2 2020 (Season Ended)

football forum

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I'm such a fucking idiot. Completely forgot to watch it. 

Probably better for your life expectancy though. Mick got a flat spot in the very first lap, had to pit and was out of points, with Ilott in P3 at that point. Luckily, Ilott also destroyed his tyres while racing Mick earlier, and started dropping down. 

Tsunoda was brilliant, just 1 point behind Ilott in overall championship standings 😬

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Ticktum on the podium. Yuck. 

In the post-race interview he not-very-subtly blamed DAMS for a poor season and also took a dig at them saying he will drive in F2 next season, but for a good team xD 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

In the post-race interview he not-very-subtly blamed DAMS for a poor season and also took a dig at them saying he will drive in F2 next season, but for a good team xD 

I saw that. :D Such an unlikable idiot. 

• The title was changed to F2 2020 (Season Ended)
  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

pm3qpdd.jpg

Didn't know they named an award after Anthoine, that's a nice gesture. :) 

You knew, you just forgot... xD

It was first introduced last season when Zhou was awarded rookie of the year, and you definitely reacted to my post about it xD

1 hour ago, nudge said:

You knew, you just forgot... xD

It was first introduced last season when Zhou was awarded rookie of the year, and you definitely reacted to my post about it xD

This is the way! 

• 9 months later...
On 26/09/2020 at 13:53, Tommy said:

That's an awful lot of typing for someone who should SUCK IT! 

On 26/09/2020 at 14:16, AMG said:

Okay, I'll suck it and leave

Back after a year, just to ask you if you would ask DC to do the same?

https://www.planetf1.com/news/dc-yuki-tsunoda-leave-formula-1/

Or would you and SHITnoda do the sucking this time?

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2021 at 17:46, AMG said:

Back after a year, just to ask you if you would ask DC to do the same?

https://www.planetf1.com/news/dc-yuki-tsunoda-leave-formula-1/

Or would you and SHITnoda do the sucking this time?

SHITnoda? Wow, that's a great creative and absolutely mature nickname! Well done. 

Give him this year to learn, and judge him next season. The kid was slingshotted from F4 to  F1, with only a season in every feeder series whereas most drivers get at least a 2nd year, and have more time to mature and develop. Also there was a lot of pressure on him, with all the pre-credit he got, being the first Japanese in F1 in some time, and with a Honda engine too. It'll come. 

• Subscriber

Tsunoda has shown next to nothing this year to be fair. I get there was hype around him but if you look at it objectively, he showed a few flashes of pace early in the year but lots of mistakes. As the season has progressed, the pace has gotten worse and the mistakes have persisted. I know his teammate is one of the fastest drivers he could be paired with but it's not like Tsunoda even sometimes matches Gasly for pace and has the occasional bad weekend to learn from. He's consistently half a second off in qualifying and only troubles the points in races where a bunch of guys ahead of him have major problems. He also consistently throws tantrums over the radio and that doesn't suggest that he has the temperament needed to make it in F1. I've seen nothing to suggest he'll make it past next year before he gets replaced by someone like Vips. If Stroll or Latifi were turning out performances like him they'd be getting slated for it. Nothing against him on a personal level but as far as I've seen, the only reasons he has supporters is because he's small, Japanese and has a cute face. If he needed another year in F2, Red Bull should have put Albon back in the junior team this year and let Yuki have another year to grow. Questions need to be answered about their management in recent years. There will be half a dozen Red Bull graduates on the grid next year, and Perez is the second driver in the main team, with Kvyat, Gasly, Albon and Tsunoda floating around as examples of them pushing drivers too far up the ladder before they were ready and doing more harm than good.

13 hours ago, Tommy said:

SHITnoda? Wow, that's a great creative and absolutely mature nickname! Well done. 

Give him this year to learn, and judge him next season. The kid was slingshotted from F4 to  F1, with only a season in every feeder series whereas most drivers get at least a 2nd year, and have more time to mature and develop. Also there was a lot of pressure on him, with all the pre-credit he got, being the first Japanese in F1 in some time, and with a Honda engine too. It'll come. 

That's an awful lot of typing for someone who should SUCK IT! 

:whistling:

Archived