The better place to talk football.

F2 2020 (Season Ended)

football forum

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Lundgaard runs into Shwartzman, gets himself a puncture and for some reason Markelov crashed. Bit of a butterfly effect chaos moment. 

That was Ghiotto, way too late there. No further action is ridiculous...

• Subscriber

Alternative tyre strategy worked indeed, another win for Shwartzman while Mazepin finishes second despite starting 16th. P3 and last spot on the podium for Mick ☺️ had a good race, more of the same, please! 

• Subscriber

Another podium for Mick, once again P3 behind Ghiotto and Ilott. Could have been more maybe, but his pitstop was screwed. Still, decent haul of points this weekend!

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Eco said:

Just finished watching the Feature Race...What a start for Robert this year. Great race, great strategy, and just a sexy race overall. 

:congrats:

Yeah, he's fantastic. Will be really surprised if he is not in F1 next season... 

Just now, nudge said:

Yeah, he's fantastic. Will be really surprised if he is not in F1 next season... 

Ok...are you serious are you taking the piss? I'd be so happy to see him in F1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Ok...are you serious are you taking the piss? I'd be so happy to see him in F1

I'm absolutely serious, haha. It's pretty obvious he has an immense talent, and from the current crop of F2 drivers, he's definitely the one who'd deserve it the most. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I'm absolutely serious, haha. It's pretty obvious he has an immense talent, and from the current crop of F2 drivers, he's definitely the one who'd deserve it the most. 

I'd like this post 100 times if I could. 

What would be the most likely destination? Haas? Maybe Alfa? 

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

I'd like this post 100 times if I could. 

What would be the most likely destination? Haas? Maybe Alfa? 

Alfa, most likely. Ferrari have a say for one seat there at Sauber, I could see Shwartzman getting it next season, especially if he manages to win the championship (as in that case he would not be allowed to stay in F2 for another season). Kimi will likely retire, Giovonazzi is nothing to write home about. 

I'm a Mick fan first and foremost, and I hope he gets a seat in F1 soon enough as well, but it would be madness by Ferrari to not promote Shwartzman... Definitely F1 material. 

6 hours ago, nudge said:

Alfa, most likely. Ferrari have a say for one seat there at Sauber, I could see Shwartzman getting it next season, especially if he manages to win the championship (as in that case he would not be allowed to stay in F2 for another season). Kimi will likely retire, Giovonazzi is nothing to write home about. 

I'm a Mick fan first and foremost, and I hope he gets a seat in F1 soon enough as well, but it would be madness by Ferrari to not promote Shwartzman... Definitely F1 material. 

Not seen Mick race to be honest. Is he good or living off his fathers reputation?

• Subscriber
On 20/07/2020 at 11:12, MUFC said:

Not seen Mick race to be honest. Is he good or living off his fathers reputation?

He's got good race pace and decent racecraft, is pretty good in overtaking, also decent tyre management. His qualifying is not that great though, he's a bit of a slow learner, and occasionally he makes mistakes when pushing, nothing extreme though, and still has plenty of time to learn. I could see him becoming a solid F1 driver in the future, but probably not champion material. 

• The title was changed to F2 2020 - Thread (Next Up: Round 4 - Silverstone Part 1)
  • The title was changed to F2 2020 (Season Ended)

Archived