talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg - Tottenham Sign Midfielder from Southampton

• Subscriber

Tottenham have opened preliminary talks over a summer deal to sign Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Football Insider understands.
The London giants have made the 24-year-old their top central midfield target this summer and have been given encouragement he wants to quit SouthamptonFootball Insider

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg - Everton Bid Accepted?
  • 2 weeks later...

Always liked him as a player, very solid midfielder and for that price you cannot go wrong. I know he only has a year left but £15m is definitely on the cheap side. I do wonder if the price has to do with Walker-Peters going the other way. 

• The title was changed to Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg - Tottenham Close To Completing Transfer
4 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Always liked him as a player, very solid midfielder and for that price you cannot go wrong. I know he only has a year left but £15m is definitely on the cheap side. I do wonder if the price has to do with Walker-Peters going the other way

It will be 100% down to that. Saints are very good negotiators themselves. They should be getting KWP for around £10-12m which is decent IMO.

They love Walker-Peters down there and he has really flourished for them being first choice at a smaller club. I am a little surprised Tottenham wouldn't keep him but they obviously don't feel he is any better than Aurier.

Hoijberg is ok. Not a bad player, fairly steady. I think you will see he will be more of a squad player for Spurs than first teamer but Mourinho likes him and maybe he is being used a cheap alternative to loan Ndombele out.

Decent signing for a side who’s midfield looked pretty unbalanced for much of the past season tbh. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mourinho’s wanting more consistency from his midfield, and while this isn’t some mind blowing signing that’s going to transform the Spurs midfield... he’s been a steady performer.

I know what @Storts means though.

I mean it's all well and good making the squad a bit more competitive but given how poor Spurs were last year, you would be wanting players that are going to walk straight in and improve the first team, much like Lo Celso did and Bergwijn.

Does Hoijberg do that? Not too sure.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I know what @Storts means though.

I mean it's all well and good making making the squad a bit more competitive but given how poor Spurs were last year, you would be wanting players that are going to walk straight in and improve the first team, much like Lo Celso did and Bergwijn.

Does Hoijberg do that? Not too sure.

True enough, but there’s no way Levy is gonna spend anything close to what you need to spend to bring those kind of players in, not in this climate. Apart from City & Chelsea it seems most clubs have this idea. 

Spurs need Ndombele to pull his fucking socks up and get working, he could be what they’re missing. Last season for him was a bust, he didn’t adjust to the league well at all. 

Archived