talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-1 Burnley - Saturday 11th July, 2020

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Salah should have scored that.

Nick Pope with the best goalkeeping performance I’ve seen against us in a very long time. Easy man of the match.

Also Dyche is underrated and deserves to be at a club with a bit more resources so we can see how good of a manager he really is, imo

Disappointing for that winning home run to come to an end but it has to at some point, then I'd rather when it doesn't really matter (even though I did really want 19/19 at home). Should have had a penalty after they'd equalised I think too

• Administrator

Apparently would have been the first time a team has gone 100% at home in a league season since Sunderland in the Queen Victoria era. Not sure of year exactly as don't know if it was mentioned but my word, what a record that would have been to break.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 1-1 Burnley - Saturday 11th July, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned
Just now, Stan said:

Apparently would have been the first time a team has gone 100% at home in a league season since Sunderland in the Queen Victoria era. Not sure of year exactly as don't know if it was mentioned but my word, what a record that would have been to break.

Yeah, 1892 and they only played 13 home games.

Lol the free kick that led to their goal was given in error, VAR didn’t check that penalty that should have been given, Pope was carded for time wasting but the time wasn’t added. I’m told I should respect referees because they have a tough job, but loads of people have tough jobs and aren’t totally shit at them...

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol the free kick that led to their goal was given in error, VAR didn’t check that penalty that should have been given, Pope was carded for time wasting but the time wasn’t added. I’m told I should respect referees because they have a tough job, but loads of people have tough jobs and aren’t totally shit at them...

The tackle on Robertson?

The defender got a touch on the ball. Commentators had a screen they can see what VAR check. Wasn't show on broadcast (not on BT Sport anyway) but given that McManaman could see it, even he said the defender got a touch. Otherwise we'd have never heard the end of it xD.

I've not seen the free-kick given for their goal, though.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

The tackle on Robertson?

The defender got a touch on the ball. Commentators had a screen they can see what VAR check. Wasn't show on broadcast (not on BT Sport anyway) but given that McManaman could see it, even he said the defender got a touch. Otherwise we'd have never heard the end of it xD.

I've not seen the free-kick given for their goal, though.

They got a free kick for offside when Salah and Mane where nowhere near offside. Also what’s the point of booking for someone for time wasting if you aren’t adding the time on at the end?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They got a free kick for offside when Salah and Mane where nowhere near offside. Also what’s the point of booking for someone for time wasting if you aren’t adding the time on at the end?

Yeah if that's the case that's a bad error from the linesman. 

As for time-wasting/time-keeping, it's been rubbish. We had a drinks break worth 2-3 minutes (think it was against Palace?) and yet there was only 1 minute added on before HT.

I have no idea how referees keep their time or make their time-added-on decisions. It's poor all-round.

2 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Nick Pope played really well by the looks of the highlights on MOTD. Definitely kept Burnley in it. Nice finish by Jay Rodriguez for the equaliser too.

Jay Rodriguez is the ultimate “bangers only” player imo. Seems like he only scores really visually appealing goals. I’m sure that’s probably not true and it’s just the matches I watch where he scores... but it seems like it to me at least

Archived