talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Championship - Promotion Run-In

football forum

If Fulham gets any points, it's likely will result in automatic promotion for Leeds.  

I'll be watching Forest vs Swans. Hoping Forest can get 3 points and confirm their place in the playoffs. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I just wanna see a new team go up, even if they go back down. Fuck Fulham and Brentford 

What's wrong with Brentford? Surely if you want 'new blood', you want Brentford going up instead of WBA. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I just wanna see a new team go up, even if they go back down. Fuck Fulham and Brentford 

Brentford will literally be one of the newest teams in the Premier League xD

32 minutes ago, Danny said:

It’s frustrating that West Brom didn’t lose but there’s still hope with a draw, we just need to keep the winning streak up and hope Huddersfield or QPR can draw at least 

I haven't been able to watch Brentford this year, but looking at the team, you guys have a massive amount of Danes on the squad...like an unreal amount of them. Is there any connection other than the coach being Danish? 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

I haven't been able to watch Brentford this year, but looking at the team, you guys have a massive amount of Danes on the squad...like an unreal amount of them. Is there any connection other than the coach being Danish? 

Undervalued market, good quality and low price. We have a lot of Danish back room staff too. Our owner owns a club in Denmark as well. On top of that we have a player from Iceland, 2 from Finland and 1 from Sweden. The Swede being Jansson and just a coincidence.

Hence the nickname Brentfjord

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Undervalued market, good quality and low price. We have a lot of Danish back room staff too. Our owner owns a club in Denmark as well. On top of that we have a player from Iceland, 2 from Finland and 1 from Sweden. The Swede being Jansson and just a coincidence.

Hence the nickname Brentfjord

Wasn't aware, but that's good to know. 

• Administrator

Brentford play before Leeds next do, so if the Bees don't win, Leeds are back in the Premier League! And as a bonus, if West Brom don't win either, Leeds are confirmed title winners!

image.png

Derby vs Leeds
Huddersfield vs West Brom
Stoke vs Brentford
Fulham vs Sheff Weds
Barnsley vs Nottm Forest
Middlesbrough vs Cardiff
QPR vs Millwall
Swansea vs Bristol City
Preston vs Birmingham

@Eco just for you - Forest can confirm their play-off spot if Millwall and Swansea don't win the day before them.

Yeah - I'll certainly be watching the Millwall and Swans match and hoping and praying. While I think Forest have a great change against Barnsley on Sunday, it'll be nice to have a confirmed spot before the Forest match even begins. 

Could be a massive weekend for both Leeds and Forest, two clubs that have reached this level in far too long. 

Not sure if I feel this bad because of my hangover or the result. 

I’ve not watched the game back, fuck that, why would you do it to yourself?

We were unlucky, couple of guilt edged chances, clear penalty on Pinnock not given. It happens.

Still can only hope QPR do us a favour, for our sake I hope we smash Barnsley to pieces whether we go up in the autos or not. It was always going to be hard winning 8-9 games in a row, not making the autos and then having to win 2/3 more games at least in the play offs. This loss could be the push we need to kick start the form and quality of our football again as prior to Stoke we’ve put in a couple of performances where we played well at times, bad at others and overall could have done better.

We also sold Yoann Barbet to QPR in the Summer and as unlikely as it is, Barbet scoring a last minute winner against West Brom to send us up would be fucking sexual 

• Administrator

3-horse race with 2 sides being the front-runners for the play-off spots.

Also a 3-horse race for automatic promotion...

image.png

Forest & Cardiff just have to match Swansea's result. 

Forest can miss out if Cardiff and Swansea win and they lose, as they have an inferior GD to Swansea. 

West Brom just have to match Brentford & Fulham's results. Fulham have to hope both lose while they win. Brentford can draw and if West Brom lose and Fulham don't win, then that would be enough for the Bees to be promoted.

5 hours ago, Stan said:

3-horse race with 2 sides being the front-runners for the play-off spots.

Also a 3-horse race for automatic promotion...

image.png

Forest & Cardiff just have to match Swansea's result. 

Forest can miss out if Cardiff and Swansea win and they lose, as they have an inferior GD to Swansea. 

West Brom just have to match Brentford & Fulham's results. Fulham have to hope both lose while they win. Brentford can draw and if West Brom lose and Fulham don't win, then that would be enough for the Bees to be promoted.

I know you hate Forest...but the GD for NF is +11, whereas Swansea is +6...

Would be quite the shock if Fulham can leap over WBA and Brentford on the last day...

Schedule looks like this - 

BRENTFORD vs Barnsley
CARDIFF CITY vs Hull City
NOTTINGHAM FOREST vs Stoke City
Reading vs SWANSEA CITY
WBA vs Queens Park Rangers
Wigan Athletic vs FULHAM

Will certainly be interesting to see how Barnsley come out after outpaying Leeds and Forest in back-to-back weeks. Also it's worrisome how awful Forest have been performing as of late, and now they are having to at least obtain a draw for assurance into the playoffs, with a win resulting in them finishing in 5th and likely getting Fulham. 

• Administrator
On 19/07/2020 at 23:45, Eco said:

I know you hate Forest...but the GD for NF is +11, whereas Swansea is +6...

Good that you reminded us of this. Imagine a 5-goal swing on the final day happening...

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Good that you reminded us of this. Imagine a 5-goal swing on the final day happening...

Yeah - glad I spent all that time with the math, when I could have looked at history and realized that odds, and GD didn't matter since it involved the Forest Fires of Nottingham. 

• Administrator

You know what's funny, I couldn't really give a shit about Forest all season. Might have thought cos they were comfortable in playoffs it didn't really bother me. Not played them in years so they were just, 'there'. There as a club in the Championship possibly coming up. 

But I think since @Eco picked them up it's become hilarious how much they've fucked it up. Like, royally fucked it up. xD . Reason I say that is cos he's great and has taken everything in stride, not rattled and just gone with the ride, given as good as he gets. But yesterday. Oh man. Seeing it play out, goal after goal. Both in Nottingham and in Reading. Great stuff. 

Anyway, this cracked me up. :D

Archived