Everton 3-2 Wolves

Recent Form
Wolves - WWWLL
Everton - DWWLD

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

They've not been great recently but their midfielders can play football therefore they'll have total control of the game from the first whistle. Best case scenario that I can conceive is that we can bore them into a 0-0.

• Administrator

Ancelotti seems to have switched it up formation-wise but didn't sound too convinced about it in one of the pre-match interviews just now. Saying they haven't had much time to try it and 'hopes' it will work but not with any kind of promise with the way he was saying it. Seemed to suggest it's 3 at the back but looking at the team, I'm guessing it's Baines and Walcott as wing-backs?

Against a side like Wolves with something still to play for, it seems like a big risk to test it out...

• Subscriber

I dont know whether we're doing wing backs or not. If we are I'm surprised its Walcott instead of Sidibe. I expect of the two that Baines will be playing as the left centre back with Digne staying on the flank.

Hopefully Baines gets into our midfield if/when they start hiding on the pitch.

• The title was changed to Wolves (Jimenez, 47") 1-0 Everton - Sunday 11th July, 2020
  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, Rick said:

I find Wolves so impressive. They run like a well oiled machine. So efficient. 

Penalty was the correct decision....just. 

Quite a clear penalty, for me. Podence gets a kick on the back of his foot as he turns.

• The title was changed to Wolves (Dendoncker, 46") 2-0 Everton - Sunday 11th July, 2020
  • Subscriber

Years of poor recruitment and bad luck with injuries. An 18 year old is one of our two fit central defenders in a game we started with a back three. We have two fit central midfielders and neither of them know how to do any defensive work at this level. We've started the last two games with two different formations and both times have to reshuffle at half time. Ancelotti is searching for some sort of solution with this set of players and there simply isn't one. How we've ended up with this is absolutely beyond me and a huge chunk of it still goes back to Walsh and Koeman's irresponsible spending spree.

• Administrator

xD Pickford very lucky. Podence shoots but Pickford lets it squirm through and just about captures it before it fully crosses the line.

• Administrator

That is 3! What a superb ball that is from Neves to Jota. Read the run right and executed it perfectly. Jota did much better with the finish this time. Left-foot half-volley at the near post.

• The title was changed to Wolves (Jota, 74") 3-0 Everton - Sunday 11th July, 2020
  • The title was changed to Wolves 3-0 Everton - Sunday 11th July, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived