Reverse Fixture
Crystal Palace 1-0 Aston Villa

Recent Form
Aston Villa - LDLLL
Crystal Palace - WLLLL

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good decision from VAR, not a foul. I don’t have a good record of calling penalties in real time but from the camera angle the game was flowing through it never looked like Grealish was impeded

Which means surely he gets a yellow for diving? Cos that was a blatant dive

• The title was changed to Aston Villa (Trezeguet, 59") 2-0 Crystal Palace - Sunday 11th July, 2020
  • Subscriber

I really hope this season gets looked back on with the disdain it deserves. If not it means this has become the norm.

Genuinely can't believe what I'm actually seeing, week in, week out, and you'll still get some claim it's alright.

• The title was changed to Aston Villa 2-0 Crystal Palace - Sunday 11th July, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Im still really annoyed about that performance. The restart gave us a great opportunity to experiment given we were safe as houses. Trying different formations, players in different positions, posession based football, academy players getting an opportunity, seeing what the likes of Max Meyer can do. We havent done any of that. We still persist on playing three defensive midfielders. Still serving out the same boring football. Sure, a lot of the experiments wouldnt have workes, but at least we'd have a better idea of what can be developed going in to next season. The players look to have given up and I cant blame them.

As for VAR, whoever decided that it would be appropiate for Moss to be the VAR official after his dismal performance in the Manchester United / Aston Villa and thought he would be able to officiate proportionately and fair should be disciplined appropiately. As for Martin Atkinson, he should never be refereeing a Crystal Palace game any way. Every time he's absolutely dismal. He cant wait to book Wilfried Zaha every game yet he allows Jack Grealish to get away with one of the worst dives I have ever seen. It's concerning that every year the standard of refereeing seems to get worse. A massive overhaul is needed.

Archived