Tottenham 2-1 Arsenal - Sunday 11th July, 2020

football forum

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Hahahahah get in there.

Still really good to beat the scum. How bad must they be still xD

Let them have loads of the ball second half but they just couldn’t create anything. We looked pretty good on the break and their defence is diabolical. 

Still want the dinosaur out but UP THE SPURS

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Storts said:

Never felt so apathetic about this game before. Honestly feeling nothing. Just want it and the season over with 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Hahahahah get in there.

Still really good to beat the scum. How bad must they be still xD

Let them have loads of the ball second half but they just couldn’t create anything. We looked pretty good on the break and their defence is diabolical. 

Still want the dinosaur out but UP THE SPURS

Good to have you back then xD

Arteta second half special, didn't really deserve anything from that, Spurs the fsr more threatening team all game. Only positive for me was Martinez who has been sensational since coming in for Leno, I actually think he is better. 

Lots for Arteta to work on especially the defence, we have got away with it quite a few times under him but today with Spurs' quality we was likely to be punished and was. 

Also so many Arsenal fans clamouring for Mustafi to get a renewal is hilarious only have to watch that last 15 minutes to show what he really is, a massive liability. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Good to have you back then xD

Na doesn’t change anything really, still awful football and it’s terrible having a derby game where I’m not at the stadium but still will never not enjoy beating the Woolwich lot. 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Na doesn’t change anything really, still awful football and it’s terrible having a derby game where I’m not at the stadium but still will never not enjoy beating the Woolwich lot. 

Just extending Mourinho's tenure for a few months you're welcome.xD

Congrats on the win today, enjoy it. 

• Administrator
Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

Honestly what the fuck is this, bloke is braindead. 

Haha glad someone got that. Couldn't believe it seeing it. Thought he might have slipped but that's embarrassing. Suppose that's what you get playing off Luiz xD

3 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Arteta second half special, didn't really deserve anything from that, Spurs the fsr more threatening team all game. Only positive for me was Martinez who has been sensational since coming in for Leno, I actually think he is better. 

Lots for Arteta to work on especially the defence, we have got away with it quite a few times under him but today with Spurs' quality we was likely to be punished and was. 

Also so many Arsenal fans clamouring for Mustafi to get a renewal is hilarious only have to watch that last 15 minutes to show what he really is, a massive liability. 

To be fair Arsenal did create some dangerous chances, especially with Aubameyang hitting the woodwork and also forcing a great save from Lloris. But yeah, Spurs looked the more dangerous side, as they hit the woodwork themselves and created various dangerous efforts. Son in particular had a very good game. Spurs with a well deserved win in my opinion.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Just extending Mourinho's tenure for a few months you're welcome.xD

Congrats on the win today, enjoy it. 

Yeah true, which is absolutely not what I want. 

Ha I will, still want this season over. Should end it today 

6 minutes ago, Michael said:

To be fair Arsenal did create some dangerous chances, especially with Aubameyang hitting the woodwork and also forcing a great save from Lloris. But yeah, Spurs looked the more dangerous side, as they hit the woodwork themselves and created various dangerous efforts. Son in particular had a very good game. Spurs with a well deserved win in my opinion.

Apart from the Auba chance where he hit the woodwork we created nothing. Even the one where Lloris made a decent save came from a lucky deflection. Spurs just played through us time and time again. Could've easily had more goals today. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Haha glad someone got that. Couldn't believe it seeing it. Thought he might have slipped but that's embarrassing. Suppose that's what you get playing off Luiz xD

He is worse than Luiz and he has been doing that since he got here. Thank fuck he is finally in the last year of his deal, we may finally get rid of him. Arteta's quotes midweek scare me though he seems interested in renewing his deal, which would be a disaster. 

11 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Apart from the Auba chance where he hit the woodwork we created nothing. Even the one where Lloris made a decent save came from a lucky deflection. Spurs just played through us time and time again. Could've easily had more goals today.

Yeah, Spurs played very well today, they fought hard, were well organised and they created many chances. It's true, had they taken more of the dangerous chances that they created, it could have been more. Martinez had a fine game in the Arsenal goal.

But I don't think Arsenal should be disheartened, getting a result in this derby against a strong Spurs side was never going to be easy. Arsenal have done very well recently though, you drew in your last game against a strong Leicester City team and had it not been for Nketiah's sending off, Arsenal would have probably won. Arsenal also comfortably beat a strong Wolves side away from home last Saturday by a 0-2 scoreline. While the three games before the Wolves game were also won by Arsenal, 4-0 against Norwich, 1-2 away to Sheffield United and 0-2 against Southampton. So there are a lot of positives for Arsenal to take from their recent form. Obviously their defence needs to be sorted out at the end of the season. No doubt Mustafi will be leaving this summer.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Storts said:

You’ll still finish above us btw - don’t think we will win another game 

You know you still have to play us, right? 

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yeah, Spurs played very well today, they fought hard, were well organised and they created many chances. It's true, had they taken more of the dangerous chances that they created, it could have been more. Martinez had a fine game in the Arsenal goal.

But I don't think Arsenal should be disheartened, getting a result in this derby against a strong Spurs side was never going to be easy. Arsenal have done very well recently though, you drew in your last game against a strong Leicester City team and had it not been for Nketiah's sending off, Arsenal would have probably won. Arsenal also comfortably beat a strong Wolves side away from home last Saturday by a 0-2 scoreline. While the three games before the Wolves game were also won by Arsenal, 4-0 against Norwich, 1-2 away to Sheffield United and 0-2 against Southampton. So there are a lot of positives for Arsenal to take from their recent form. Obviously their defence needs to be sorted out at the end of the season. No doubt Mustafi will be leaving this summer.

Yeah one thing Arteta does have is that the fans seems to really like him so he'll be given time and be held less accountable unlike Emery.

Again as I said this results you stated were very good but a lot of them played out like today's game. The difference today though is Spurs took their chances when it mattered. As soon as you rattle our defence we won't win. 

Archived