• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 2-1 Arsenal - Sunday 11th July, 2020

football forum

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Yeah one thing Arteta does have is that the fans seems to really like him so he'll be given time and be held less accountable unlike Emery.

Again as I said this results you stated were very good but a lot of them played out like today's game. The difference today though is Spurs took their chances when it mattered. As soon as you rattle our defence we won't win. 

Well that's football though, the best sides take their chances. Arsenal took their chances in the 5 matches prior to this one and they won 4 games and drew 1. That's actually pretty impressive, especially the performances against Wolves and Leicester City, as they are two very good teams. If Arteta manages to bring in a couple of good defenders in the summer, that will no doubt strengthen Arsenal further. Mustafi has to go though, he's just not up to the pace at the highest level.

We need to get rid of so much shit from this squad.  Most of the defence need to go, also Pepe can fuck off also,  I have never seen such a waste of money, he is so lazy and uninterested. I never rated him from the start, just need to cut our losses with him. 

Pepe will never come good at a club that need to work,  Pepe is brain dead with no work rate, it will need someone with leadership like a Roy Keane type of character for him to change, to scare him so he cannot be lazy like he has been under Emery and this management system.  Pepe is an extremely bad signing like 95% of all the players Arsenal have bought recently.

I'd love to bring back the good old days when we use to qualify for the champions league every year and moan about not winnig the league. Only klopp or simeone could win the league with arsenal now but our toxic fan base wanted Wenger gone 15 years ago. 

19 hours ago, Michael said:

Arsenal host Liverpool next, that will be another difficult match for them, even though Liverpool don't have much to play for.

If they win all of their 3 games they set a new points total record. That's a lot to play for I think. 

9 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'd love to bring back the good old days when we use to qualify for the champions league every year and moan about not winnig the league. Only klopp or simeone could win the league with arsenal now but our toxic fan base wanted Wenger gone 15 years ago. 

The recruitment side of the club which was one of the best is now the problem.  It has been very bad for the last 10 years. This season has to be one of the worst for transfer dealing I can remember but Martinelli does look a good buy so far, hope Tierney can stay fit next season

Archived