1 minute ago, Storts said:

Leicester going to finish 3rd in a two horse race for Champions League 

Yet still gonna be in Europe xD

For someone who has a lot of apathy for the game right now you talk alot :P

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Leicester going to finish 3rd in a two horse race for Champions League 

Optimistic.

It's entirely on the others at this point. Our heads have totally gone.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

How do you go from this... 

halfstats.JPG.c235dc5353dcf487feee665c4e431897.jpeg

To this. 

Screenshot_20200712_211720_uk.co.bbc.android.sportdomestic_1.jpg

Criminal how we've lost that. 

Chelsea and Utd can have the top 4. Enjoy it! 

I am afraid to say that Leicester City shot themselves in the foot there. Not much went right and Rodgers has a lot to answer for.

• The title was changed to Bournemouth 4-1 Leicester - Sunday 11th July, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

That started with Rodgers. I called it at the time he made it that the of Praet for Iheanacho was pure fucking cowardice. You dominate a game, should be probably 2/3 up, and decide to shore up the midfield and hand the initiative to Bournemouth?

Rodgers invited trouble and we ended up imploding on a level I didn't think even we were capable of. That was worse than anything Arsenal have served up in recent years. Make no mistake.

Top four is gone for sure at this point. For me it's about hoping the results go our way so we can at least cling onto some kind of Europe, but in all honesty whatever good we had has gone anyway.

That is, quite simply, our worst ever Premier League result. The ultimate humiliation.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

That is, quite simply, our worst ever Premier League result. The ultimate humiliation.

This in particular got me thinking and no other match, in the circumstance, comes to mind. Even the home defeat at Villa when it was 0-0 at half-time doesn't come close. That squad compared to where we are now as a club was shite. Same with the Arsenal and Bolton defeats in 2001? 

After today I'm totally understanding CL football will not be played by us next season. After Chelsea's result yesterday and the first 45 today we had a golden opportunity to make that 3rd spot ours, or at least 4th. We royally fucked it today. Well and truly.

I actually fear for that last day vs Man Utd.

Bennett/Morgan/Evans against Rashford, Martial, Greenwood bearing down on them. Will be absolute carnage xD

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Stan said:

This in particular got me thinking and no other match, in the circumstance, comes to mind. Even the home defeat at Villa when it was 0-0 at half-time doesn't come close. That squad compared to where we are now as a club was shite. Same with the Arsenal and Bolton defeats in 2001? 

After today I'm totally understanding CL football will not be played by us next season. After Chelsea's result yesterday and the first 45 today we had a golden opportunity to make that 3rd spot ours, or at least 4th. We royally fucked it today. Well and truly.

I actually fear for that last day vs Man Utd.

Bennett/Morgan/Evans against Rashford, Martial, Greenwood bearing down on them. Will be absolute carnage xD

I've totally given up on this season now. No Soyuncu for the final three games is a huge loss, totally changes how we have to defend, which changes the entire set up, and recent evidence tells me we've not seen our last implosion. I think we'll be trounced Thursday, beaten narrowly at Spurs and then probably trounced again on the final day. Sheffield United at 3/1 Thursday is just quadrupling your money.

We've got to think about how we stop the rot this season before next season becomes precarious. The bottling under pressure I today discovered really does stem from Rodgers - which was my fear. He's a very good coach when there is no pressure on, but he loses his head himself.

What the hell did he see in that first half that made him think we need to sit back? We'd done everything right bar the final ball. We were in total control and we surrendered it for absolutely no reason. That's just pure bottlejob mentality.

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Dan said:

That started with Rodgers. I called it at the time he made it that the of Praet for Iheanacho was pure fucking cowardice. You dominate a game, should be probably 2/3 up, and decide to shore up the midfield and hand the initiative to Bournemouth?

Rodgers invited trouble and we ended up imploding on a level I didn't think even we were capable of. That was worse than anything Arsenal have served up in recent years. Make no mistake.

Top four is gone for sure at this point. For me it's about hoping the results go our way so we can at least cling onto some kind of Europe, but in all honesty whatever good we had has gone anyway.

Arsenal are amateur implodists though. You've got a long way to go to be the best.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Arsenal are amateur implodists though. You've got a long way to go to be the best.

I don't remember anything quite as astounding as that, as a single game.

When I'm less angry, I will post up all of the funny elements about that result. It's genuinely like something from a film.

I feel like that's England Iceland bad.

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, Dan said:

I've totally given up on this season now. No Soyuncu for the final three games is a huge loss, totally changes how we have to defend, which changes the entire set up, and recent evidence tells me we've not seen our last implosion. I think we'll be trounced Thursday, beaten narrowly at Spurs and then probably trounced again on the final day. Sheffield United at 3/1 Thursday is just quadrupling your money.

We've got to think about how we stop the rot this season before next season becomes precarious. The bottling under pressure I today discovered really does stem from Rodgers - which was my fear. He's a very good coach when there is no pressure on, but he loses his head himself.

What the hell did he see in that first half that made him think we need to sit back? We'd done everything right bar the final ball. We were in total control and we surrendered it for absolutely no reason. That's just pure bottlejob mentality.

We're gonna get slaughtered these next 3 games. It was bad enough anyway with our form but potentially going in to those games without Pereira (which we knew about anyway), Soyuncu, Chilwell and Maddison in the squad just screams three losses. Not to mention the kind of replacements we have to bring in.

Rodgers' comments after the game were despicable as well. Thought he'd have enough honesty about him to take some responsibility but he's pinned it on Iheanacho leaving too much space between midfield and himself and saying Wilf/Youri had too much to do. Absolute bollocks to that. We were comfortable as fuck and he's screwed it up with that bizarre sub. Don't think we lose that game had we continued to take initiative (instead of handing it to them on a place) and kept 2 strikers on, and looked to kill the game off. We may have conceded as they'd pile forward knowing what's at stake but I'd have hoped we'd at least be 2 goals up by that point. We should have finished the game off first half anyway but to gamle on a 1 goal lead like we did today and what Rodgers caused us to do today was fucking shite. 

Games like this can make or break you. The reaction for the next few games, with all the absentees, will be telling. Will we just let this season fizzle out with a whimper and settle for EL or do we show some kind of passion and desire to end it on a high? Sadly I think everything just points to the former and it's fucking disappointing in a season that's seen us grab a record PL win and also break a club record for consecutive wins in the league. Terrible how we've capitulated not only today but since turn of the year. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

@Dan What was Solanke paying? At least you did some tidy business. 

It returned £86.66. All of which has gone on Sheffield United to beat us Thursday.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

It returned £86.66. All of which has gone on Sheffield United to beat us Thursday.

Watch you lot draw that one now. Was only paying just over 4-1? For Solanke? Fuck me you need a new betting company.

You did better than me mind. I had $10 on Yan to knock out Aldo first round and $10 on Holloway by decision. Yan got the knockdown and rained the punches without finishing first round and Holloway was robbed in the opinion of everyone on the planet who's not Australian or who wasn't judging the fight. Dana white calling it a disgrace xD

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Stan said:

We're gonna get slaughtered these next 3 games. It was bad enough anyway with our form but potentially going in to those games without Pereira (which we knew about anyway), Soyuncu, Chilwell and Maddison in the squad just screams three losses. Not to mention the kind of replacements we have to bring in.

Rodgers' comments after the game were despicable as well. Thought he'd have enough honesty about him to take some responsibility but he's pinned it on Iheanacho leaving too much space between midfield and himself and saying Wilf/Youri had too much to do. Absolute bollocks to that. We were comfortable as fuck and he's screwed it up with that bizarre sub. Don't think we lose that game had we continued to take initiative (instead of handing it to them on a place) and kept 2 strikers on, and looked to kill the game off. We may have conceded as they'd pile forward knowing what's at stake but I'd have hoped we'd at least be 2 goals up by that point. We should have finished the game off first half anyway but to gamle on a 1 goal lead like we did today and what Rodgers caused us to do today was fucking shite. 

Games like this can make or break you. The reaction for the next few games, with all the absentees, will be telling. Will we just let this season fizzle out with a whimper and settle for EL or do we show some kind of passion and desire to end it on a high? Sadly I think everything just points to the former and it's fucking disappointing in a season that's seen us grab a record PL win and also break a club record for consecutive wins in the league. Terrible how we've capitulated not only today but since turn of the year. 

What even will be our team on Thursday? I feel like he's been guessing a bit lately anyway, having changed formation for the sixth game on the trot. You know on FM when you go to that period where you're changing it by the game in the hope something comes off - that's what I feel like he's doing at this point and it never ever ends well.

To face up to a determined, organised Sheffield United with our heads this far gone is just depressing. They will thrash us. I'd be genuinely amazed if we didn't lose with this many players out, with the heads so far gone. It could be another humiliation, make no mistake.

It's gone from a worrying run of form to a full scale meltdown at this point. There's something very Peter Taylor about it.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Watch you lot draw that one now. Was only paying just over 3-1? For Solanke? Fuck me you need a new betting company.

You did better than me mind. I had $10 on Yan to knock out Aldo first round and $10 on Holloway by decision. Yan got the knockdown and rained the punches without finishing first round and Holloway was robbed in the opinion of everyone on the planet who's not Australian or who wasn't judging the fight. Dana white calling it a disgrace xD

We won't draw. There is absolutely nothing to suggest it will be anything but a comfortable away win. Fuck the league table and look at the trajectory. We've just been humilated.

Betting is a cruel game a lot of the time mind you reading that xD if you want a real laugh, I backed Leicester to get 5 or more goals today, at half time, thinking we could get an early 2nd and Bournemouth would capitulate.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Dan said:

Dunno what to make of our side. I'm struggling to work out who is playing where.

Everyone's guessing at this point.

I'm quite glad Fuchs is playing though. I think he's a clever player. Not really got the legs anymore but uses the ball a lot better than most of our team.

In before he plays Solanke in one on one.

This happened btw.

• Administrator

I had 4/1 on Solanke to score and 4/1 on Bournemouth to win. And this is from someone who 99% never bets on Leicester games. In fact can't remember last time I did. 

It was just fucking in the water it would be 4-1 xD

Never take pleasure in seeing us lose obviously but it just seemed nailed on pre-match he would score and they'd win. At half time I genuinely forgot I'd put the bets on xD

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Stan said:

I had 4/1 on Solanke to score and 4/1 on Bournemouth to win. And this is from someone who 99% never bets on Leicester games. In fact can't remember last time I did. 

It was just fucking in the water it would be 4-1 xD

Never take pleasure in seeing us lose obviously but it just seemed nailed on pre-match he would score and they'd win. At half time I genuinely forgot I'd put the bets on xD

I think your reactions are a good case of how much we've regressed. Can remember that Brighton game you were saying I was negative (which is totally fair enough by the way) and now this is you. This is in no way a dig at you either - I think it's just a good example of how bad we've turned, how quickly.

• Subscriber

I've calmed down and I'm genuinely contemplating lashing some money on us to go down next year. I don't see why it'll change. The manager seems to have totally lost the plot. The players are incredibly spineless. Imporantly there's so little time between this season and next - we've just had the equivalent of a pre-season break effectively and every problem we had seems to have gotten worse.

We are only going one way. Make no mistake. We are dark horses to drop next year.

Archived