talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Celta Vigo v Real Madrid 17 May 2017 (Game in hand)

football forum

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celta are in some poor form at the moment, I don't see them winning this game, unfortunately. If anything, best case scenario, it could be a draw, which would still see Madrid in the driver's seat, but, yeah...I'm not optimistic. 

19 minutes ago, ATL said:

Real Madrid to win by 3 goals and all the Barca lovers will yell about the league being 'rigged'. xD

I'd say more that Enrique threw it away when he rested half the team and lost against Deportivo de la Coruna straight after that 6-1 against PSG. Really, this liga should have been there for the taking and you can only blame Enrique as he has thrown it away in various games where he hasn't played his strongest line-up. That's something this squad can't afford as there isn't enough depth to cope in these difficult away fixtures.

16 minutes ago, Cicero said:

selling Alves was daft as fuck and replacing him with Roberto was even more daft. 

To be fair though, Alves had been stale for ages. The reason he's doing well now at Juventus is partly down to a change of scenery. Then again, he should have only been released if someone like Bellerin was replacing him as Sergi Roberto isn't a natural right back, he's actually wasted there as he could be just what is lacking in midfield.

19 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Not sure how Barcelona 'threw it away', Real Madrid have been ahead all season and relentless. Barcelona just not as good this season.

Having said that, Celta are a decent team, especially at home.

Being top and then losing to Deportivo in the game 3 days after coming back 6-1 against PSG is certainly throwing away a great opportunity to take advantage.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Being top and then losing to Deportivo in the game 3 days after coming back 6-1 against PSG is certainly throwing away a great opportunity to take advantage.

Barcelona did throw it away indeed...  For all of Real Madrid's "relentlessness" they're still battling to win it on the final days of the season.  This plus so many refereeing issues that have occurred too.  But aside from the controversial details, the fact Real hasn't managed to win it games back shows that there actually hasn't been any relentlessness at all.  You can't say a side has been so good with another being so bad and then the one that's been so bad are still in with a chance of winning the title.  Plus that "bad" side beats the relentless side at home to boot.

I could go on...  I get it!  Oh believe me I do, but I'm not going to just follow the pastor because I'm no sheep.

Plus...  All that stuff about Real Madrid not having ever won the league and the Champions League in the same season is nonsense.  That means nothing!  The only thing that means something special is winning everything that's put in front of you and that's only limited to legendary sides.

There is something undeniable about Celta Vigo. Maybe it's their days under Luis Enrique I appreciate so much. Or could be that marvelous crest representing cruz de Santiago.

:lol:

You could go on? All you do is bleat on and on about the same things, you're the epitome of a sheep, you spout out biased crap time and time again. God knows how you won the ridiculous poster of the month, sometimes you come across as barely literate on here (must you always use ellipses? It makes you appear mentally feeble) and you spoil thread after thread, seemingly under the belief that you're something special. To anyone with half a brain, which isn't that many on here, you're an irritant.

Barcelona have never been in a position to throw away anything this season, Real Madrid have always been ahead, they've played the last few games with their B team and still steam rolled their way through. Are they one of the greatest sides ever, absolutely not but the lack of class Real Madrid show is doubled by the fanboys on here. 

Have to agree with Dodger, Barcelona fucked up before the season began with sub par recruitment as well as poor management throughout the season. Real capitalised on Barca's misfortune with consistent display, however when I say consistent, i mean getting last minute goals whilst their defence has been a mockery. They have an efficient system,  and overall the much better side as the table doesn't lie. Real Madrid are finally getting their money's worth. 

Whether they can finally win the title and CL in the same year remains to be seen, but this season is as good as any to do so. 

Oh...  About blowing up on the old forum.  I don't need to bring that up at all.  Forget all that...  You used "relentless" and you didn't like me taking you up on it.  It's not my fault.

It's always been on Real to slip up this season. Barcelona did that at the start of the season and have been playing the catch up game. Real have only needed to rely on their results to win the league, Barcelona could only win with a Real slip up. Even with a victory over Real, Barcelona have never been in command of this title race.

Do you not understand the meaning of the word? Relentless; Continuing, Unabating.

Barcelona waiting for the scraps but Real Madrid are putting out reserves and still crushing opposition.

Anyhow, your opinion is of zero consequence to me, you're a man who says he supports two teams, that says all anyone should ever need to know.

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Have to agree with Dodger, Barcelona fucked up before the season began with sub par recruitment as well as poor management throughout the season. Real capitalised on Barca's misfortune with consistent display, however when I say consistent, i mean getting last minute goals whilst their defence has been a mockery. They have an efficient system,  and overall the much better side as the table doesn't lie. Real Madrid are finally getting their money's worth. 

Whether they can finally win the title and CL in the same year remains to be seen, but this season is as good as any to do so. 

Barcelona did recruit badly no doubt.  It's there as proof throughout the season because every time Luis Enrique has rotated so as to rest players they've failed on various occasions.  But Real Madrid have not been relentless this season because right at this minute unless Barcelona lose their final game of the season Real can win it by three points on the last day of the season.  That isn't relentless and most of all that is a point to take up on the fact you, others and myself included have said Barça have messed up on a series of things.  What if the Premier League had gone to the last day of the season and Chelsea won it with Spurs actually really biting on your tails and not playing breathless catch up?

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Do you not understand the meaning of the word? Relentless; Continuing, Unabating.

Barcelona waiting for the scraps but Real Madrid are putting out reserves and still crushing opposition.

Anyhow, your opinion is of zero consequence to me, you're a man who says he supports two teams, that says all anyone should ever need to know.

Why are you so angry if you don't care? Could just be the text lying but you seem awfully aggrieved.

Of all the words you could use to describe Madrid this season, 'relentless' would be the least fitting. 

Barcelona haven't been good this season, true. By our standards, that is. But so too have Madrid. A combination of some outrageous refereeing decisions and also a lot of luck when it comes to sides bottling it against them is the reason why they are top. 

Let it not be forgotten that had we not rotated like morons in that Deportivo game and had we won it, we would be the ones in the driving seat. 

And Ballon and Chris might not want to go there, but I will. If the perfectly legitimate goal we scored against Real Betis had been given, we would also be the ones in the driving seat. 

Real Madrid have not been anywhere near relentless, otherwise they would not be fighting it out with Barcelona on the last matchday. You do realise that as things stand the 'relentless' side are level on points with the 'poor' side and also have not even beaten them this season, right? 

Well, I'd describe both teams as 'relentless'. I don't think there has even been a moment where the collective conciousness of either team thought 'well that was a good season, I wouldn't mind losing the next game'. All top teams are 'relentless' because they always strive to win. Except a Jose Mourinho team.

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Why are you so angry if you don't care? Could just be the text lying but you seem awfully aggrieved.

Every thread is turned into a pantomime of the usual suspects spouting the same tired rubbish about how Real Madrid don't deserve it, they cheat, there is a conspiracy etc. It's an echo chamber and tends to stifle discussion rather than provoke it, I'm not the only member to mention this.

I get people dislike Real Madrid, I'm no fan either, but it's beyond parody now. 

Archived