talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Comunio 2020/2021

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting this to be scored on performance number, more like points for things like passes, goals, tackles and whatnot. 

I'm having to re-think everything get get a more solid team in instead of the one I drafted. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting this to be scored on performance number, more like points for things like passes, goals, tackles and whatnot. 

I'm having to re-think everything get get a more solid team in instead of the one I drafted. 

Goals get you points as well, the rest is allegedly included in the performance rating... I agree that there should be bonus points for things like assists and clean sheets though.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Goals get you points as well, the rest is allegedly included in the performance rating... I agree that there should be bonus points for things like assists and clean sheets though.

Yeah - we have fantasy here which is based purely on stats, not a website's performance review. 

I like this format mind you, I think just I need to make a shift. 

Man, I have not clicked 'Save' a few times when trying to sell players, and thus they didn't go through. Absolutely frustrating. 

Also wish we could just look for players and bid on them instead of cycling through the crop. The cycling is nice before the season starts, but after the season started, it'd be nice to find people easier. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

@Eco selling Timo Horn already :/ 

8 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

@Eco Am curious you're selling Horn, who's your backup keeper?

Well, I have a different tactic after Matchday 1, and that is I'm bought Grahl for 170k, and I'm going to take the money from Timo, and bulk up my lineup. I should now have a team that is all starters unlike what I had before. 

29 minutes ago, Eco said:

Well, I have a different tactic after Matchday 1, and that is I'm bought Grahl for 170k, and I'm going to take the money from Timo, and bulk up my lineup. I should now have a team that is all starters unlike what I had before. 

You know keepers are a part of the team.xD I asked because I wouldn't be too surprised if our keepers were consistently among our best pointers provided they're starters.

17 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

You know keepers are a part of the team.xD I asked because I wouldn't be too surprised if our keepers were consistently among our best pointers provided they're starters.

Maybe, but I messed up early for overpaying for talent, and had 2-3 players that weren't starters and that was going to kill me long term. Also, I think having a Keeper from a relegation battle contender isn't something that I think will score up a lot of points. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Eco said:

Maybe, but I messed up early for overpaying for talent, and had 2-3 players that weren't starters and that was going to kill me long term. Also, I think having a Keeper from a relegation battle contender isn't something that I think will score up a lot of points. 

It's fine - I had Gulacsi who's at a club who will be near the top and he only got 6.3 xD 

Ironically - and I don't know how SofaScore's ratings are calculated - it could be better that a keeper at a side lower down the table could pay off. More likely to make more saves and may be this is factored in to their ratings too...

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's fine - I had Gulacsi who's at a club who will be near the top and he only got 6.3 xD 

Ironically - and I don't know how SofaScore's ratings are calculated - it could be better that a keeper at a side lower down the table could pay off. More likely to make more saves and may be this is factored in to their ratings too...

But the keeper must make those saves to be awarded points. Fahrmann got -8 points despite having a lot of chances, Horn got -1 

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think you are spot on. That's a general issue with player rating algorithms like that; they often tend to skew towards players who have a lot to do and it's particularly pronounced in goalkeepers, so it's very likely that a goalie of a lower table team with more conceded goals will end up with a higher rating than a solid, trustworthy keeper of a bigger club with less goals conceded. Same applies to central defenders, to a certain degree. Obviously, those algorithms are now complex enough to include additional factors, but overall, it's still problematic.

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Eco said:

But the keeper must make those saves to be awarded points. Fahrmann got -8 points despite having a lot of chances, Horn got -1 

Also true. Out of interest, I compared the raw data of goalkeeper performances from last weekend to try and get a general idea of which performance stats influence the goalkeeper rating most, and there are some interesting observations. It's a bit of a pointless exercise as according to SofaScore, they use over 200 individual factors to extrapolate the rating, but nevertheless... I took all keepers who conceded 3 goals on last matchday (Sommer, Kobel, Horn, Luthe and Zentner) and had a look at their stats and ratings. It seems that the number and potentially percentage (?) of saves made is by far the most crucial factor, with saves from inside the box most likely having a different statistical weight. Other main factors in judging a goalkeeper's performance are likely the number of touches, number and accuracy of passes, as well as accuracy of long balls, but those are certainly not as crucial as they didn't lead to higher rating for the likes of Sommer or Kobel, while Zentner's rating didn't suffer much despite his passing and long balls accuracy being relatively low. Another likely key factor is number of errors that led to goals, but it's not represented here (although it likely was one of the many reason's for Fährmann's 4.2 rating). What throws me off here is Horn's rating though, as he has a relatively high number and percentage of saves made (all of them from inside the box), he had more touches than any other keeper in this comparison, his passing and long balls accuracy is pretty high, yet his rating is still abysmall. This suggests to me that the combination of those  "hidden" factors in the player evaluation algorithm that are not shared with the public is indeed very complex. Either that, or SofaScore are Fortuna fans.

86BLLCW.pngugS9ETV.png

VywbRpC.pngskA3KpQ.png

leZLfFB.png

Yann Sommer's accurate passes doesn't surprise me. He's so good on the ball. Florian Kastenmeier from Fortuna Düsseldorf is somewhat similar in that matter btw. He just needs to command his area a little better. 

edit: Didn't see that this was the Comunio topic and that neither Kasteinmeier nor Fortuna matter. Oh well. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived