Brentford vs Preston, 17.00
Bristol City vs Stoke, 17.00
Nottm Forest vs Swansea

Thursday 16th July, 2020
Leeds vs Barnsley, 17.00

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most likely the season defining game for us. Win and we go in with a good chance heading into the final two games (Boro and Hull, though neither will be easy considering that they're fighting off relegation). Lose or draw and I think we'll fall at the last hurdle. 

Hope Fulham can't get anything from their match.

Hopefully Leeds thrash Bransley, and early so that @Lucas doesn't develop a heart condition waiting for 89 minutes for a winner.

And I want Forest up so they have the match the the week for me. Swansea are no push over and Forest need to get back on track to secure their playoff push.

Well, for the third successive time, we put the feet up, watch the others attempt to put the pressure on, and then go again Thursday.

Barnsley surely have no choice but to come and try to win the game. They literally have three games left, they can't be thinking about playing for a draw so hopefully if they are a bit more open we can exploit that.

If I'm totally honest, I'll be massively disappointed if we don't beat them. I feel like we have alleviated the pressure with that big win yesterday and I expect us to be on the ball Thursday to get this done as early as we can.

Will not count my chickens just yet because this league is ridiculous but we should hopefully be purring for this one.

A Forest win would solidify their place in the playoffs regardless of any other result. Not the easiest of tasks as Forest has struggled as of late, and Swans are no push over. Luckily the last two matches for Forest are easier tasks with Barnsley and Stoke, so anything up a playoff spot would be a collapse of massive proportions. Finishing 4th or 5th at this point is certainly ideal, as avoiding the hottest team in the league, Brentford, would be a great sigh of relief. 

I do think Leeds are wrapped up the league, and I am happy for them, truly. I think the exciting race will be for 2nd between West Brom and the before mentioned Brentford. The Bees have been on such an incredible run that it's the only team everyone wants to avoid at this stage, and PNE are their last strong opponent, as they finish the year similar to Forest, with Stoke and then Barnsley. 

WBA only hold 2nd by 3 points, really 2.9 when you take into consideration GD in which Brentford is so far ahead that WBA have to be worried about it. They certainly have a more difficult run-in, but after this week's match against a hot Fulham team, they have two very winnable matches against QPR and Huddersfield. 

On a side note Sergi Canos was on the bench against Derby which means we’re getting closer to seeing him on the pitch. He was in phenomenal form before his injury and he offers a direct threat that could help us in the run in

I’ve always liked Wigan, stemming back to their escapist routines every season in the PL relegation battle. Am thoroughly happy for them, well deserved! Commiserations to Hull, their dire owner situation is what’s getting them in this state.

Just a draw for the Baggies then. That will do nicely.

Must win Thursday and whatever happens tomorrow makes no odds, we can be 5pts clear from 2nd.

Brentford will win tomorrow, they haven't come this far to blow it now the door is ajar.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived