talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2019/20 - 14-16th July, 2020

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Wow. It's just after lunchtime.

Top v Bottom today and I am feeling the nerves. On the outside this probably looks a banker to most.

The amount of messages and conversations I have had with people since Sunday have mostly consisted of 'You've surely done it now' and 'You got easy games left'.

Firstly, these people underestimate the Championship. It can bite you on the ass at any minute. As someone at last year's Wigan game at home, a game we were 1-0 up in, opposition down to 10 men, never lost when leading a game under Bielsa and Wigan never winning an away game all season to date, to lose 2-1 and see us lose our automatic hopes was crushing beyond any means.

Barnsley are in dire straights. They have to win. These scenarios can sometimes bring the best out of teams and I for one expect a very difficult game today.

Yes, if we win, I think I'd start to believe it. We should get a point from the last two but we absolutely must win today.

We have had to keep being the last team to play after WBA and Brentford and to date, we have handled that pressure well. That's not to say we can keep doing it.

No Kalvin Phillips either today which for anyone that watches us will know how important he is to our system.

Honestly, feel proper nervous and I hope to god we can have enough today. This will no way be like Stoke, this will be a slog.

You'll piss Barnsley I think, even without Phillips. I know the Championship is always a league of surprises but I really am struggling to see a Barnsley result here. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Bielsa is a big lad ain't he xD

Never noticed it before but he's on the hefty side... 

Ha - you never noticed? 

He also dresses in a way that doesn't him his body look any slimmer. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Eco said:

Ha - you never noticed? 

He also dresses in a way that doesn't him his body look any slimmer. 

Well, just not taken notice of it, let's say xD

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Leeds up 1-0 at HT. 

IF this result holds, it basically promises Leeds automatic promotion, and it will definitely mathematically eliminate Barnsley. 

Not particularly mate. Barnsley have 6 points to play for, 4 points behind. 

Leeds are pretty much done though. Happy for @Lucas. Just hope Brentford beat West Brom to the 2nd place. 

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not particularly mate. Barnsley have 6 points to play for, 4 points behind. 

Leeds are pretty much done though. Happy for @Lucas. Just hope Brentford beat West Brom to the 2nd place. 

My math is shit lately. 

Hahahaha. Bloody 'ell. That was so uncomfortable.

I knew we'd struggle. The shape of the team was just all wrong. Bielsa nearly keeled over at one point he was that irate. Sheer guts won us that.

Barnsley deserved all three points to be frank but that was their problem in a nutshell, don't take chances.

One more bloody point. Just one. That is it and we are promoted as Champions.

The bubbly is going in the chiller tonight ready for Sunday, but just incase WBA don't win tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

41 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

It's ridiculous how long it's been since Leeds have been in the top flight where they belong. I can't wait for next season to see them there again. 1 point!

It's long overdue. 

Now we just need Forest up and the world will be a better place. :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Wigan Athletic 8 Hull City 0. Was pissing myself at half time. I hope we don’t stay up.

Do you reckon relegation will have any impact with your owners or not?

Archived