talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2020 - Race 3 - Hungarian GP (17-19th July)

football forum

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Stan said:

What happened with Mercedes?! Hamilton says box, engineers come out then they go back in xD

They wanted a bigger gap to Max so decided to pit later. 

Missed the quali and everything as it's been a crazy weekend. 

Was able to watch to last 15 laps, looked like a rather boring race, which if I remember correctly, was the case last year? 

Happy to see Max being able to hold off Bottas. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Verstappen gets 2nd! Bet no one saw that coming after yesterday and pre-race! 

I had him in 3rd... Red Bull race pace is much better than their one lap speed in quali, so I always expect Max to make it to the podium if there are no crashes or technical issues. 

• Subscriber

Verstappen's good start and the Haas gamble made that race a lot more exciting than it would have been.

I find the slight lack of pace of the Racing Point in the race a bit odd. Red Bull's balance issues seemed to disappear since yesterday, did they change the cars again? I don't think they're allowed after qualifying starts, maybe it was just the conditions that balanced things out a bit. They did say it was when they were trying to find the limit they struggled, so maybe the race was just better for them.

Good race from Magnussen and well done to Haas for being brave enough to go for the slicks at the start. Pretty disastrous day for McLaren who looked like they got caught on the back foot strategy-wise and a long stop for Sainz early on.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Missed the quali and everything as it's been a crazy weekend. 

Was able to watch to last 15 laps, looked like a rather boring race, which if I remember correctly, was the case last year? 

Happy to see Max being able to hold off Bottas. 

Thought it was quite a decent race, to be honest! 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nudge said:

I had him in 3rd... Red Bull race pace is much better than their one lap speed in quali, so I always expect Max to make it to the podium if there are no crashes or technical issues. 

Same. I had Hamilton, Bottas and Max. Another 1 or 2 laps and 2nd place was Bottas! 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Verstappen gets 2nd! Bet no one saw that coming after yesterday and pre-race! 

I predicted the top 3 of Lewis, Bottas, and Max, so I wasn't far off. 

I think I'm starting to understand what @MUFC and @nudge are saying about Bottas's lack of killer instinct. There does seem to be a different attitude between Max and Bottas when they are catching someone, and more often than not it appears that Bottas doesn't do enough to make the pass, whereas it's rather shocking with Max doesn't close the gap enough to make a pass. 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Thought it was quite a decent race, to be honest! 

Maybe so, I missed the beginning, but watching Hamilton win by such a large margin (before he pitted), and lapping drivers like Vettel who are in 5th, just appears to be a rather boring race. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

Maybe so, I missed the beginning, but watching Hamilton win by such a large margin (before he pitted), and lapping drivers like Vettel who are in 5th, just appears to be a rather boring race. 

I liked the different strategies, and there were quite a few lovely wheel to wheel battles and overtakes in the midfield. Not the best race ever, but by far more exciting than I expected 😂

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

I liked the different strategies, and there were quite a few lovely wheel to wheel battles and overtakes in the midfield. Not the best race ever, but by far more exciting than I expected 😂

Agree with this. Not as boring as first thought it would be. Obvious Hamilton to win so gonna be some good battles elsewhere. 

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

I was waiting for the rain to start all throughout the race xD 

Same, and how often did they predict it, and it never came. :( Shame. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

It did rain though, but it only spat for like 5 minutes. The chance of rain thing is misleading because sometimes it can rain and have no actual impact on track conditions.

Yeah, we're obviously talking about proper rain, not a few drops that don't change anything... 

Would have made things so much more interesting, especially if it started to rain after one of the front runners (well, there was only one front runner but yea) just pitted. Ah well, let's hope for typical shitty English weather in Silverstone. 

Just now, nudge said:

Expecting another Renault protests against Racing Point...

I think I just read that Red Bull launched a protest against Racing Point too. :D 

Just now, nudge said:

For real? :o 

Actually it was Helmut Marko saying that there will be further protests against RP. Not sure if Red Bull is among those. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Actually it was Helmut Marko saying that there will be further protests against RP. Not sure if Red Bull is among those. 

Yeah, they also said it on ORF before the race, so I'm just eager to see what happens!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived