Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Chelsea 1-0 Norwich - Tuesday 14th July, 2020

Kick-off 20.15

Live on Sky Sports/PICK

1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png     VS     1200px-Norwich_City.svg.png

Head to Head
Chelsea - 22
Draws - 16
Norwich - 14

Reverse Fixture
Norwich 2-3 Chelsea

Recent Form
Chelsea - WLWWL
Norwich - LLLLL

Kepa 

James---Christensen---Zouma---Alonso

Jorginho

Kovacic----Ruben

CHO------------------------Pulisic

Tammy 

Although a little irritated Lampard has yet again changed his centre back pairing, that was the same backline that got us victories against Everton and Liverpool. 

Think Lampard is draining every bit of juice left in Willian before he leaves. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Although a little irritated Lampard has yet again changed his centre back pairing, that was the same backline that got us victories against Everton and Liverpool. 

Think Lampard is draining every bit of juice left in Willian before he leaves. 

Well, it's not like there has really been a great pairing for CB. Looking forward to Kovacic and Jorginho though, those two are dynamite together. 

I think we will smash it tonight and then go back to losing... 

6-0 to Chelsea.

Pulisic hat-trick. Willian free-kick. 2 Jorginho penalties.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I think we will smash it tonight and then go back to losing... 

3rd place ain't a bad lark

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

6-0 to Chelsea.

Pulisic hat-trick. Willian free-kick. 2 Jorginho penalties.

Alternatively, Norwhich will win 1-0 and Chelsea will somehow beat Man Utd 6-0. They like to keep us on our toes like that

Just now, Spike said:

3rd place ain't a bad lark

Under the circumstances I would be happy for us to finish 3rd and consider ourselves lucky to have done so... 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Under the circumstances I would be happy for us to finish 3rd and consider ourselves lucky to have done so... 

Nah, it hasn't been that bad at all, just City and Liverpool are head and shoulders above the pack. A team can't always win, and there has been darker days before. I don't like all the doom and gloom around a lot of Chelsea fans, it is just never good enough for a lot of 'em. The club could bounce a treble next season and you'd still read essays on why Jorginho and Alonso are the devil and beezlebub.

• Upvote 1

Yawn. This is not as goal-festy as I thought it'd be.

Giroud has not quite been at the races so far in this match. He needs to find his shooting boots. xD

Kovacic and Jorginho playing like snails. Thought they were supposed to set the tempo? 

No urgency whatsoever from us so far.

Only Chelsea can make a team rock bottom of the league look like they are 3rd from the top.... 

Jorginho is one of the most overrated midfielders in the league in my opinion. Chelsea are much stronger team when Kante plays instead of him. Unfortunately for Chelsea, Kante has struggled with injuries in recent times. 

Chelsea are the team under pressure in this game. Norwich City are for the first time this season, under no real pressure, which may be to their benefit.

36 minutes gone and we manage our first shot on goal... or should I say on target

7 minutes ago, Michael said:

Jorginho is one of the most overrated midfielders in the league in my opinion. Chelsea are much stronger team when Kante plays instead of him. Unfortunately for Chelsea, Kante has struggled with injuries in recent times. 

Chelsea are the team under pressure in this game. Norwich City are for the first time this season, under no real pressure, which may be to their benefit.

Jorginho isn't typically rated at all, and Kante doesn't play instead of Jorginho. 

I can sympathise with this Chelsea performance. We were held at home to Norwich's defensive tactics and it was utterly disgusting to watch xD 

Just now, Stan said:

I can sympathise with this Chelsea performance. We were held at home to Norwich's defensive tactics and it was utterly disgusting to watch xD 

Whoops Stan, Giroud with a goal

That did not age well at all. Literally seconds xD 

It is about time Alonso actually crossed the ball into the air towards the two-metre tall striker, isntead of playing it across the ground. For fucks sake lad.

12 minutes ago, Michael said:

Our best period of the season was when Kante wasn't even on the pitch, let alone playing as a DM. 

Needed that goal. Another game where I feel Mount's absence. 

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Jorginho isn't typically rated at all, and Kante doesn't play instead of Jorginho. 

Well he is rated by some people, definitely not by me and when Kante plays, he usually plays in the same central midfield position that Jorginho is playing in today.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Well he is rated by some people, definitely not by me and when Kante plays, he usually plays in the same central midfield position that Jorginho is playing in today.

Kante does not play in the same position. Kante plays further forwards in place of either (today's players) Kovacic or Loftus-Cheek.

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Mate, no he hasn't. 

That was very poor defending by Klose for Chelsea's goal. Giroud took his chance well though, scoring at the fourth attempt.

21 minutes ago, Michael said:

After watching him now for two seasons, I've come to the conclusion that he's inconsistent. He can look class on his day or bang average. Tonight I've got no time for him, he's playing like it's a pre-season friendly and he's in the team for one particular purpose, if he doesn't offer that or he's not on his game, he's useless. I have to say I sympathise now with @The Liquidator views on him and would happily see the back of him come the end of the season particularly if there's a team willing to pay decent money.