Tottenham 0-1 Newcastle

Recent Form
Newcastle - LWDLL
Tottenham - WLWDW

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Storts said:

Can’t believe Aurier is playing, fair play to him, can’t believe he’s in the right mindset to be out there but maybe wants the distraction 

I didn't think he would play, picked Sanchez in my fantasy team instead.

19 minutes ago, Storts said:

Can’t believe Aurier is playing, fair play to him, can’t believe he’s in the right mindset to be out there but maybe wants the distraction 

Well for some people it is better to have something to look forward to, rather than suffer without it, because the sadness will be there regardless. Mikel played when his father was kidnapped (twice!) and Lampard played after his mother's death.

• Administrator

Son opens the scoring! 

Newcastle should have easily avoided that. They had the ball but the defender overran it and gifted possession to Spurs.

• The title was changed to Newcastle 0-1 (Son, 27") Tottenham - Wednesday 15th July, 2020
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Son opens the scoring! 

Newcastle should have easily avoided that. They had the ball but the defender overran it and gifted possession to Spurs.

Yes, but I think that it is no less than Son deserves, as he has played very well recently. Also he still had a lot to do to score that goal, it was an accurate finish with enough power to beat Dubravka at the near post.

• Administrator
Just now, Michael said:

Yes, but I think that it is no less than Son deserves, as he has played very well recently. Also he still had a lot to do to score that goal, it was an accurate finish with enough power to beat Dubravka at the near post.

I know mate, avoidable situation before Spurs got the ball though.

On 13/07/2020 at 22:10, Storts said:

3-0 to Bruceys boys 

You haven't seemed very confident in spurs since pochettino got sacked. I'm assuming you would have rather kept him? You know what I think of him I wanted him at arsenal 

Well the subs seem to have made a big impact in this game. Lazaro helped create Ritchie's goal moments after coming off the bench, then Bergwijn provided the accurate cross for Kane's goal after similarly coming on as a sub a few minutes earlier. It's been an entertaining game so far I feel, as both sides have been quite adventurous.

• The title was changed to Newcastle 1-2 (Kane, 60") Tottenham - Wednesday 15th July, 2020
  • The title was changed to Newcastle 1-3 (Kane, 90") Tottenham - Wednesday 15th July, 2020
  • Administrator

Just seen Ritchie's goal. Great hit. Very powerful strike to beat Lloris from there.

Thought Saint-Maximin had a good game for Newcastle. Lacked a bit of support all game from other players though.

• The title was changed to Newcastle 1-3 Tottenham - Wednesday 15th July, 2020
1 minute ago, Spike said:

It's also sensational that he is the only person on that list without a trophy

Tbf it's pretty impressive for him to have 200 in 350 with a side that isn't as competitive as the sides those other players were in.

I can relate to having a world class player that's beloved on a good, but not great, side. Stevie was that player for us.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf it's pretty impressive for him to have 200 in 350 with a side that isn't as competitive as the sides those other players were in.

I can relate to having a world class player that's beloved on a good, but not great, side. Stevie was that player for us.

Whaddya mean? Spurs have had some serious talent in the last five years (on top the best striker in England) and it's an absolute embarassment they don't have a single trophy to show for it, whether it be the FA Cup or the league.

Nothing relatable at all to Liverpool because Liverpool won many cups with Gerrard.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived