talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool - Wednesday 15th July, 2020

football forum

• The title was changed to Arsenal (Nelson, 44") 2-1 Liverpool - Wednesday 15th July, 2020
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

TBF to Arsenal they've taken the chances given to them well and they are rightfully ahead. Something isn't right with our backline today. I think the halftime couldn't have come sooner. Even Klopp looked confused.

• Subscriber
Just now, Rick said:

Arsenal have offered nothing apart from putting away two gifts. They are not “rightfully” ahead at all 🤨

Well they could have fluffed their chances too looking at how disjointed their passing and possession has been but they put both in the back of the net.

Just now, Mel81x said:

Well they could have fluffed their chances too looking at how disjointed their passing and possession has been but they put both in the back of the net.

If Arsenal fluff those chances they need to shut the club down. 👀

Expect a Klopp HT bollocking, and then a reply from us second half. 

Klopp doesn’t accept this “on the beach” attitude and neither should the players, makes no sense to have a season like this fizzle to nothing. Concentration needs to be 100%. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Interesting to see how the restart for next season will work, there’s a two week break ain’t there? Wonder how that will effect Liverpool for example who are currently in mixed form

More than that mate.

This domestic season finishes 26th July.

New season due to start first week of Sept (tbc). 

• The title was changed to Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool - Wednesday 15th July, 2020

Infuriating to lose to that Arsenal side. They offered absolutely fuck all apart from taking the two chances our players gave them on a plate. A lot of Liverpool fans seem to not give a fuck about the rest of this season, but I hate seeing this season fizzle out. 

I want to see Minamino playing more and Keita has to start over Ox while Henderson is out. Us not going in the market for upgrades on Shaqiri & Origi frightens me for next season. 

People on about the likes of Jones, Brewster, Williams, Hoever, Elliott being the reason we don’t need to strengthen the squad in the transfer window. I find that mindset truly mental. These young lads are talented, some of them can be future starts but they aren’t to be relied upon to truly make the likes of Ox, Origi & Shaqiri to think they have any real competition. 

These players have done amazing for us, but there comes a point where you naturally start to slow down. And that is only going to be sped up by not having that competition to boot you up the arse. Not getting Werner was a massive mistake. If we go a fourth window without some serious freshening up of this squad then there’s no way it’s sustainable. 

79% possession for us in the second half. Gifted. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived