talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool - Wednesday 15th July, 2020

football forum

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I'm ok with that performance. We've had a few games like that this season. We've won those types of games when we've been fully switched on with maximum intensity and when it's mattered.

But Mike we didn’t win the game. We’ve gifted them two ridiculous goals, and they’ve just dug in and it’s fucked us. 79% possession in that second half and no proper chances, gotta have more impact coming off that bench. I’m not gonna away from that opinion either. Origi isn’t scaring any defender. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Liverpool don’t spend they’ll be left behind slowly but surely. They need to buy buy buy so they can stay on top of the dog pile. I don’t believe the club is wanting for cash? One or two new players and they’ll be set for a while.

11 minutes ago, Rick said:

People on about the likes of Jones, Brewster, Williams, Hoever, Elliott being the reason we don’t need to strengthen the squad in the transfer window. 

People.. as in Klopp? 

He's the one who believes in the youngsters coming through and to be honest, he's got a fucking good record when it comes to bringing through youngsters. 

When will people start believing in him instead of screaming for new signings every summer?

Fuck me, we were never signing Werner for nearly £60m to sit on the bench. Mane, Salah, and Firmino are top tier players and were never going to accept sharing game time. None of the best players in the world do. Imagine Messi n Suarez etc being told they have to be rotated? 

Come on think about it ffs. 

Seriously mate, we have lost in 3 seasons as many as City have this season and yet everytime we do lose you act like a baby demanding new toys. 

Joke.

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

But Mike we didn’t win the game. We’ve gifted them two ridiculous goals, and they’ve just dug in and it’s fucked us. 79% possession in that second half and no proper chances, gotta have more impact coming off that bench. I’m not gonna away from that opinion either. Origi isn’t scaring any defender. 

And it was at a time when it doesn't matter. Two mistakes aside, the performance was alright. If there's something riding on it, Liverpool have that bit extra to win the game. There's a natural drop off once it's job done. You might not like that but that's the way it is.

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

People.. as in Klopp? 

He's the one who believes in the youngsters coming through and to be honest, he's got a fucking good record when it comes to bringing through youngsters. 

When will people start believing in him instead of screaming for new signings every summer?

Fuck me, we were never signing Werner for nearly £60m to sit on the bench. Mane, Salah, and Firmino are top tier players and were never going to accept sharing game time. None of the best players in the world do. Imagine Messi n Suarez etc being told they have to be rotated? 

Youngsters are for the future, Liverpool should be winning now. How many of those kids listed will end in the championship? Most do, for every Arnold there are twenty Spearings. Liverpool don’t even need to spend that much, just out with the old in with the new. Lovren out, new bloke in sort of stuff, your club is on the brink of a decade of dominance and that can’t be left to chance

Can't help but feel Liverpool are a club that feed off their fans.

I think it's a massive game changer to have a partisan support behind you home and away and then...nothing. Normally they would feed off that, or at least play to a standard to make them proud.

And I think the fact the games are being played in pretty much a 'friendly vibe' with drink breaks, 5 subs etc just doesn't add anything to the intensity a team like Liverpool usually relies on. It's all a bit mundane and hard to get up for so naturally mistakes happen from not concentrating and being laxidazical.

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

People.. as in Klopp? 

So basically don’t give any of our players competition? What are you talking about? The best and biggest clubs bring in re-enforcements while they are winning. It’s easier to strengthen when you’re on top. 

You don’t just fucking rest on your laurels, cause you get left behind that way.  Fuck me, what if the likes of Brewster and Jones don’t end up being the players we had hoped? 

You don’t see the likes of Madrid, Juventus, PSG, City resting...they are relentless in the search for success. We need to get away from this fucking “underdog” attitude, we are and elite side RIGHT NOW and we should be giving Klopp the tools to keep it that way. And if you think Klopp chose to have Origi instead of Werner for next season then you’re off your head. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

More than that mate.

This domestic season finishes 26th July.

New season due to start first week of Sept (tbc). 

Really? Fuck sake thought there’d be a quick football turnaround 

There is no way you’re telling me Klopp is incapable of fitting Werner into that side

Klopp is always going to say the current team is fine because you’re not going to chip away at their confidence, and to an extent it may just well be fine. But City are going to strengthen and Chelsea have already

8 hours ago, Rick said:

Salah, Mane & Firmino vs Kolasinac, Mustafi & Luiz. Could be carnage. 

Could've been but it was carnage in the Liverpool defence today instead. :D

TAA lucky not to get a red. Funny how that's no longer an obvious decision... 

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

This is what pissed me off with Nketiah's red, what was the difference? This wasn't even looked at by VAR, no consistency once again.

I thought it was a red in real-time. Shocked it wasn't checked. 

35 minutes ago, Rick said:

So basically don’t give any of our players competition? What are you talking about? The best and biggest clubs bring in re-enforcements while they are winning. It’s easier to strengthen when you’re on top. 

You don’t just fucking rest on your laurels, cause you get left behind that way.  Fuck me, what if the likes of Brewster and Jones don’t end up being the players we had hoped? 

You don’t see the likes of Madrid, Juventus, PSG, City resting...they are relentless in the search for success. We need to get away from this fucking “underdog” attitude, we are and elite side RIGHT NOW and we should be giving Klopp the tools to keep it that way. And if you think Klopp chose to have Origi instead of Werner for next season then you’re off your head. 

How do you know klopp wants Origi for next season? How do you know anything?

Let's see what happens between now and the start of next season before absolutely pissing the bed yet again.

I know we won, but its embarrassing how we played at home, only 2 shots on target which resulted in goals by huge mistakes.  We are just crap, it was like a championship team holding on in the end at home in a cup game to Liverpool.   We always used to give anyone a good game at home no matter who, times have changed and I thought Arteta's tactical change in the 2nd half was extremely poor. Its quite shocking that Arteta has a worse record than Emery already this season.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

How do you know klopp wants Origi for next season? How do you know anything?

Let's see what happens between now and the start of next season before absolutely pissing the bed yet again.

I’m going off Klopp constantly saying we won’t be spending money. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'm just not angry Stan. I think there is only one angry kid in the house right now. 

You’ve got no right to call anybody a kid after the constant shit you came out with during the lockdown. 

10 minutes ago, Rick said:

I’m going off Klopp constantly saying we won’t be spending money. 

He also constantly said Karius would remain our number one goalkeeper after the CL final. He also said we wouldn't be going back in for VVD.

Then we signed Allison, then we signed VVD.

Just chill ffs. Surely he has earned your trust by now?

• Subscriber

I thought Werner was a financial thing?

It does seem that Liverpool could do with some reinforcements. You can never underestimate this team but that massive momentum is always going to dip eventually. This core of about 14 players have been absolutely relentless for almost 2 years, arguably more, and more or less managed to steer clear of significant injuries to key figures. That's a huge amount to ask and now that they've won the Champions League and ended the domestic title drought, which was the real monkey on their back, there's no guarantee you'll get back to that absolutely elite level of motivation without keeping things fresh. It's really hard for them to compete on all fronts with teams like Man City for many years to come if they don't get better backup options than Origi and Shaqiri.

It's hard to make judgements solely off this game because they dominated proceedings and would have been good value for the win if not for specific mistakes. With 100% focus Van Dijk and Alisson aren't making those mistakes, Arsenal are forced to chase the game and Liverpool probably pick them off with at least one more goal so tonight is more about having that mental comedown than the lack of depth or freshness in the squad.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I thought Werner was a financial thing?

It does seem that Liverpool could do with some reinforcements. You can never underestimate this team but that massive momentum is always going to dip eventually. This core of about 14 players have been absolutely relentless for almost 2 years, arguably more, and more or less managed to steer clear of significant injuries to key figures. That's a huge amount to ask and now that they've won the Champions League and ended the domestic title drought, which was the real monkey on their back, there's no guarantee you'll get back to that absolutely elite level of motivation without keeping things fresh. It's really hard for them to compete on all fronts with teams like Man City for many years to come if they don't get better backup options than Origi and Shaqiri.

It's hard to make judgements solely off this game because they dominated proceedings and would have been good value for the win if not for specific mistakes. With 100% focus Van Dijk and Alisson aren't making those mistakes, Arsenal are forced to chase the game and Liverpool probably pick them off with at least one more goal so tonight is more about having that mental comedown than the lack of depth or freshness in the squad.

Liverpool cannot have much money if they were going to put staff on Furlough.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived