talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Club Hall of Fame

football forum

• Subscriber

Which players from your club would you elect to the Hall of Fame to represent your club. It can be past or present.

Maybe it's your all time top scorer, or perhaps it is that player that scored the winner to win you a title?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Graham Cross (top appearance-maker (600))
Arthur Rowley (273 goals) 
Arthur Chandler (265 goals)
Ernie Hine (156 goals)
Gordon Banks (our first player to appear in a World Cup playing for Leicester, and won it, most caps won while at Leicester too).
Peter Shilton (also played for England while at Leicester)
Gary Lineker (Leicester born-and-bred, helped save the club in 2002-03)
Emile Heskey (Leicester born-and-bred, a cult hero/legend for the 90s
Muzzy Izzet (a real fans' favourite, also a legend in the 90s/early 00s, one of the best we had in that era).
Steve Walsh (long career with us and a mainstay of the O'Neill era, he and Elliott helped us to plenty of silverware in 90s)
Matt Elliott
Andy King (stuck with us through lowest point of the club and helped us reach the highest high, the consummate professional).

When Vardy leave us/retires he'll be straight in there. Feel like Hall of Fame should only be reserved for those that have previously played, not currently playing :D 

Most recently I’d say Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Sami Hyypia, and Jordan Henderson (and probably others from this current crop of league winners, but I’m going with people who have a shitload of appearances for us).

Then there’s the very legendary players from before my time. King Kenny, Ian Rush, John Barnes, Graeme Souness, and my dads favourite Kevin Keegan, Alan Hansen, and probably other defenders that I can’t remember the names of because I’ve only seen highlights or heard stories.

Archived