The better place to talk football.

2. Bundesliga 2020/21

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, nudge said:

Thioune new HSV head coach.

Thought, @Chadwell?

Well he's a young manager who's done well at Osnabruck, by getting them promoted into the 2. Bundesliga and then cementing their position in the 2. Bundesliga this season just finished. He immensely improved Osnabruck as a team, in the 3 years that he managed them.

Hamburg is obviously a huge step up for him though and whether he can also improve them as a team remains to be seen. But all in all, I think that he is a decent signing, despite the fact that he doesn't have the experience that most other Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga managers have.

Ah yes, my topic for next season. 

200.gif

I'm a bit worried. We had 14 players leaving us, and a few will follow, and there are NO news of new signings. We have no left back at the moment. Shit could be fucked. 

Unfortunately not, they ended up extending his contract at Bayern by another year to 2023 as well. Let's see how this year goes and how he develops, I'm sure they'll renegotiate then! 

Haven't signed anyone else yet though which is slightly worrying!

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Not bad, definitely someone who always gives his everything on the pitch and experienced in the 2 Liga. Given your lack of left backs in the squad, that's surely a very solid signing?

44 minutes ago, nudge said:

Not bad, definitely someone who always gives his everything on the pitch and experienced in the 2 Liga. Given your lack of left backs in the squad, that's surely a very solid signing?

Yea, I'd say so. Bit weird that he's joining a 2. Bundesliga team when he just got promoted with Bielefeld. Seems like he was their regular left back as well. 

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, I'd say so. Bit weird that he's joining a 2. Bundesliga team when he just got promoted with Bielefeld. Seems like he was their regular left back as well. 

I think a big reason for that is that Hartherz is not a top division material... 

• Subscriber

Went to Bochum last weekend and they inform me they have so far signed Tarsis Bonga, who's record in the third tier looks a bit rubbish, he's become a bit of a cult hero amongst us without even kicking a ball xD

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

So we're about so sign Piotr Piotrowski from KRC Genk. Polish U21 international. Does anyone here know anything about him? :ph34r:

https://rp-online.de/sport/fussball/fortuna/fortuna-duesseldorf-holt-polens-u21-nationalspieler-jakub-piotrowski_aid-52448979

To be honest mate, I've not seen too much of him. I did see him play a few games for Genk, but I didn't see him play for Beveren, the club he was on loan to this year. The few times I saw him for Genk, he didn't really stand out or anything, but he's a young player(still only 22) and he was a member of the 2018/19 Genk team that won the Belgian league.

Sorry I am not too much help on this one, but I think that the fact a young player like him played for a top Belgian club, should mean that he is at the very least half-decent. 

His first name is Jakub by the way.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

To be honest mate, I've not seen too much of him. I did see him play a few games for Genk, but I didn't see him play for Beveren, the club he was on loan to this year. The few times I saw him for Genk, he didn't really stand out or anything, but he's a young player(still only 22) and he was a member of the 2018/19 Genk team that won the Belgian league.

Sorry I am not too much help on this one, but I think that the fact a young player like him played for a top Belgian club, should mean that he is at the very least half-decent. 

No worries. Now that our signings get more obscure that we are in 2. Bundesliga again, it will be difficult to get some proper information. :D But yea, he went from Poland to a Belgian top club for 2 Mio. Euros. So he can't be completely bad. 

Just now, Tommy said:

No worries. Now that our signings get more obscure that we are in 2. Bundesliga again, it will be difficult to get some proper information. :D But yea, he went from Poland to a Belgian top club for 2 Mio. Euros. So he can't be completely bad. 

At least Kownacki can hopefully help him settle in at the club. 

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

At least Kownacki can hopefully help him settle in at the club. 

If he stays, yes. I hope so. Bodzek can speak Polish too though. :) 

On 28/07/2020 at 14:39, Tommy said:

If he stays, yes. I hope so. Bodzek can speak Polish too though. :) 

Yeah, Dusseldorf have a good player in Kownacki, he's now a regular in the Poland international squad for good reason.

The deal for Jakub Piotrowski has been officially concluded and Dusseldorf have apparently paid Genk 500,000 euros in order to buy Piotrowski. Genk had bought Piotrowski from Polish club Pogon Szczecin for 2 million euros in the summer of 2018.

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Apparently we're interested in a loan deal for Liverpool's Ben Woodburn. Is he any good?

https://sportbild.bild.de/fussball/premier-league/premierleague/liverpool-juwel-ben-woodburn-wechsel-2-bundesliga-72313752.sport.html

Some absolutely riveting conversation here. Plenty of chat.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived