talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2. Bundesliga 2020/21

46 minutes ago, Stan said:

Some absolutely riveting conversation here. Plenty of chat.

Ah cheers, must have missed that on my commute from the F1 to the Bundesliga section. 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I'd love to see Bochum back in the Bundesliga at some point. Would give me a proper 90's vibe. 

The 90's vibe? That's when they had Dariusz Wosz superbly running their midfield. I think that Wosz was one of the most underrated German playmakers, the little man was a class act. :twothumbsup:

This is Dariusz Wosz scoring a goal on his international debut for Germany in 1997 in a match against Israel. This came eight years after he had made his international debut for East Germany in 1989.

The following video is just a tribute to Wosz's skills and goals for VFL Bochum and Hertha Berlin. Enjoy! 

• 2 weeks later...

Who do you all think are the front runners for promotiont? I would assume the heavy favorites are HSV and Dusseldorf, but not sure who else are the other favorites.... Hanover? Nurenburg? Paderborn? Bochum? 

• Subscriber

Hard to call, think the league is very balanced this season.

Fortuna, HSV have to be among the favourites, Hannover probably too, although I'd still expect them to underachieve again. Nürnberg are bound to have a better season, hopefully. Heidenheim, Bochum, Kiel with a chance too maybe. Paderborn...not sure.

14 hours ago, Eco said:

Who do you all think are the front runners for promotiont? I would assume the heavy favorites are HSV and Dusseldorf, but not sure who else are the other favorites.... Hanover? Nurenburg? Paderborn? Bochum? 

Tough call. The league seems balanced and the squads aren't settled yet. Expect Düsseldorf and to a lesser degree HSV to do well. Hannover might be one of the early favorites, still as are Heidenheim, Bochum, Darmstadt, Kiel, Nürnberg, and Fürth. Wouldn't be too surprised if another team not mentioned yet would be promoted, though. Can see Paderborn struggling in this league and wouldn't  be astounded, if they finished comparably to Nürnberg last season, or even worse.

21 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Tough call. The league seems balanced and the squads aren't settled yet. Expect Düsseldorf and to a lesser degree HSV to do well. Hannover might be one of the early favorites, still as are Heidenheim, Bochum, Darmstadt, Kiel, Nürnberg, and Fürth. Wouldn't be too surprised if another team not mentioned yet would be promoted, though. Can see Paderborn struggling in this league and wouldn't  be astounded, if they finished comparably to Nürnberg last season, or even worse.

Don't get my hopes up. I'm slightly optimistic, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. Karaman is probably going to leave us, but our attack is one of the things that worries me the least. We could do with another creative midfielder. We'll see. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/09/2020 at 08:13, Mpache said:

I had a dream last night where Sarpreet Singh got 3 assists in the opener. Then I woke up and realized the league hadn't started yet :( 

you literally killed this thread. :congrats:

On 31/08/2020 at 03:36, nudge said:

Hard to call, think the league is very balanced this season.

Fortuna, HSV have to be among the favourites, Hannover probably too, although I'd still expect them to underachieve again. Nürnberg are bound to have a better season, hopefully. Heidenheim, Bochum, Kiel with a chance too maybe. Paderborn...not sure.

Fortuna Dusseldorf are the big favourites for me. They have a strong squad for this division and I can see them getting promoted back to the Bundesliga this season. Hamburg are not on form, but they are still one of the better sides in the division. They should still be up there for the push for promotion once they sort themselves out. Hannover, Bochum, Paderborn, Nurnberg, Darmstadt and St Pauli are other clubs who could challenge near the top. I think that the surprise team of the season could be Braunschweig. They seem to have a very good team this season. I wouldn't be surprised if they challenge for promotion this season.

13 minutes ago, Michael said:

Fortuna Dusseldorf are the big favourites for me. They have a strong squad for this division and I can see them getting promoted back to the Bundesliga this season. Hamburg are not on form, but they are still one of the better sides in the division. They should still be up there for the push for promotion once they sort themselves out. Hannover, Bochum, Paderborn, Nurnberg, Darmstadt and St Pauli are other clubs who could challenge near the top. I think that the surprise team of the season could be Braunschweig. They seem to have a very good team this season. I wouldn't be surprised if they challenge for promotion this season.

Ha - I was joking about my post because Hamburg were just sooo poor. 

I'd be okay with Dusseldorf coming back up. I still would like to see Hannover and HSV back up soon. 

1 hour ago, Chadwell said:

Where is he actually? Injured?

His contract ran out and he didn't want to extend it. 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Wow...HSV defeats Dusseldorf the start the season. 

Why wow? Hamburg were the favourites tbh. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived