• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2. Bundesliga 2020/21

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Eco said:

Certainly didn't think so. 

HSV have become rather stagnant while you guys look like favorites to win the league. 

HSV has a way bigger budget and bigger names than we do. We lost 14 players. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Define much bigger. I would assume you are on par with them. 

HSV have Kühne as an investor pumping random numbers into the club every now and then. Generally I think they have the best squad in the league. Maybe we're not far behind, but we lost several key players. 

What a start to the year St. Pauli is having. 

Lost to Elversberg in the Cup after giving up 4 goals.

Down 1-0 against Bochum currently to begin the season, and looking incredibly sloppy in the meantime. 

21 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

To be fair there are few leagues, if any where differences between promotion candidates and relegation battlers are that small, but yes I do expect St. Pauli ending up in a relegation dogfight.

Fair enough.

The scored two late goals and ended up drawing with Bochum 2-2

On 18/09/2020 at 14:48, Tommy said:

HSV have Kühne as an investor pumping random numbers into the club every now and then. Generally I think they have the best squad in the league. Maybe we're not far behind, but we lost several key players. 

Well, technically that partnership is over. That was certainly true in the past, but Kühne has now entirely withdrawn support. The club also lost the more lucrative Fly Emirates sponsor. As such, it certainly makes sense why all of HSV's acquisitions this summer were free until they bought Heyer from Osnabruck with the funds from a sale of Pollersbeck to Lyon. 

HSV undeniably still likely has a bigger overall budget than just about anyone else in the 2. BuLi atm, but their advantage they had two years ago is now long gone and blown. They will have to settle for 2. BuLi caliber signings if they're to work their way back up to the Ersteliga. 

It's half-time in Osnabruck. VFL Osnabruck took the lead through a penalty from Santos, but Hannover have looked the better team in this match so far. They have passed the ball around well and created some dangerous chances. Bijol and Duksch in particular have impressed me. I expect Hannover to at least get a draw out of this game.

Fortuna at 13:00 tomorrow. You really have to get used to these 2. Bundesliga times again. :2_grimacing: Hopefully we'll manage to beat Würzburg at home. I'd love to see Kelvin Ofori in the starting line-up. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Fortuna at 13:00 tomorrow. You really have to get used to these 2. Bundesliga times again. :2_grimacing: Hopefully we'll manage to beat Würzburg at home. I'd love to see Kelvin Ofori in the starting line-up. 

Good luck! Are you going to attend? 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Good luck! Are you going to attend? 

Nope, the whole who gets ticket who doesn't and how was extremely confusing. I'm also on a Birthday Party (open-air!) tomorrow, so it's going to be a busy day as it is. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Nope, the whole who gets ticket who doesn't and how was extremely confusing. I'm also on a Birthday Party (open-air!) tomorrow, so it's going to be a busy day as it is. 

You should get the 3 points against Wurzburger Kickers, you clearly have the better side. Dusseldorf just need to play close to their potential this season and they should find themselves very close to the summit of the table come May. I expect Hennings to be amongst the leading scorers in the league this season as well. He should have a field day in this division against some of the weaker sides.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Tommy said:

Ofori starts :)

3 points in the, and that's what matters. Not a very enjoyable match. Happy that Kownacki scored the winning goal. Kastenmeier saved a Würzbug penalty in the 91st minute. Very good save too, so we have to thank him for the 3 points today. Phew. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived