Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Jan Oblak - Chelsea

Kepa will become the best goalie in the world at Atletico and then he'll be sold again for another 100million and Atletico will repeata the process ad nauseum

Oh wow if Chelsea get Oblak that would be crazy.

He's one of my favourite goal-keepers. People always talk about Ter Stegen, Alisson, Ederson but Oblak is up there for me as one of the best.

The only way this would remotely work is if Kepa is included in the deal and Oblak wants to leave. However, he turned us down last summer if I recall. 

Quote.thumb.png.51a7988f78b5a6b7dbba11f3fa8e93b6.png

The Blues are keeping their options open about signing a goalkeeper this summer but one of the worlds best won't come with any discount

Chelsea will have to pay Jan Oblak's €120 million (£110m/$137.5m) release clause to force contract talks with the Atletico Madrid goalkeeper.

It remains unclear whether the 27-year-old would be ready to leave Atletico this summer, with manager Diego Simeone ready to block the exit of the Slovenia international in most circumstances.

However, the relationship between Chelsea and Atleti is good, having seen the transfers of Diego Costa, Alvaro Morata and Thibaut Courtois conducted between clubs in recent seasons. (Goal)Arrow.png.f18ab7ac2c5441c12566ffecc6bc6253.png 

football forum