• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

FA Cup Semi-Final - Man Utd 1-3 Chelsea - Sunday 19th July, 2020

Recommended Posts

Kick-off 18.00 (BST)

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png     VS     1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

Top scorers:
Man Utd - Odion Ighalo (3)
Chelsea - Ross Barkley (3)

Last FA Cup Match:
18 Feb 2019
Chelsea 0-2 Man Utd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely Lampard's learned by now that with our inability to convert our chances and our shaky defence, we are better off shithousing this one like against City.  Save Dave, Kovacic, and Willian for Liverpool. 

Kepa

James---Rudiger--Zouma--Alonso

Kante

Barkley---Mount

CHO-------------------------Pulisic

Giroud 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Azeem said:

0-0 or 2-2

And then what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Cicero said:

And then what?

I would want a replay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Azeem said:

I would want a replay

Tough luck. Might be waiting a while...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the makings of a 1-1/2-2 draw, then a penalty shootout, United loves penalties. xD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol Solksjaer’s told a massive lie in the run up to this.

What's the lie? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

What's the lie? 

This I bet   xD

Manchester United: 'My players are not divers', says boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer BBC Football

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

What's the lie? 

That his players aren’t divers. He should be told he’s a premier league manager, so there’s no way that’s true. Literally every premier league side has at least 3-4 fucking divers. Especially when he’s got James and Fernandes.

I know he’s just trying to protect his players from being influenced by Lampard and Mourinho who have both called United a bunch of diving cunts in the run up. But there’s probably a way to defend them without outright lying. If he keeps this up, who knows what kind of lies he might tell the media: “United are NOT a bunch of cunts!” Please Solksjaer, we weren’t born yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That his players aren’t divers. He should be told he’s a premier league manager, so there’s no way that’s true. Literally every premier league side has at least 3-4 fucking divers. Especially when he’s got James and Fernandes.

I know he’s just trying to protect his players from being influenced by Lampard and Mourinho who have both called United a bunch of diving cunts in the run up. But there’s probably a way to defend them without outright lying. If he keeps this up, who knows what kind of lies he might tell the media: “United are NOT a bunch of cunts!” Please Solksjaer, we weren’t born yesterday.

Hasn't Klopp said his players aren't divers either but you have Salah and Mane? Like you say, every side has them and some are more elaborate/worse than others. 

I do agree there is also a way to defend them without lying. But most managers will say anything these days to take heat off their own players anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hasn't Klopp said his players aren't divers either but you have Salah and Mane? Like you say, every side has them and some are more elaborate/worse than others. 

I do agree there is also a way to defend them without lying. But most managers will say anything these days to take heat off their own players anyway.

Has he? I don’t think he’s ever flat out said that. I’m pretty sure he’s said if you don’t want us getting penalties don’t foul us, which is probably the same thing to say but in a more sneaky way. Rather than lying.

Also he’s the United manager so he deserves more pressure and scrutiny because fuck him and his club

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Has he? I don’t think he’s ever flat out said that. I’m pretty sure he’s said if you don’t want us getting penalties don’t foul us, which is probably the same thing to say but in a more sneaky way. Rather than lying.

Also he’s the United manager so he deserves more pressure and scrutiny because fuck him and his club

xD at the last bit, fair enough.

I remember him saying his players don't dive. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11595416/jurgen-klopp-insists-there-are-no-divers-at-liverpool-amid-mohamed-salah-penalty-debate

Regardless of any given incident that may be talked about, he's said it. '"We don't have divers and that was not a dive. The other one is not a dive. The ref decides it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stan said:

xD at the last bit, fair enough.

I remember him saying his players don't dive. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11595416/jurgen-klopp-insists-there-are-no-divers-at-liverpool-amid-mohamed-salah-penalty-debate

Regardless of any given incident that may be talked about, he's said it. '"We don't have divers and that was not a dive. The other one is not a dive. The ref decides it."

Fair enough, guess Klopp did the same exact shite.

However from a purely non-biased perspective, fuck Man Utd and everything they stand for.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must admit Ashley Young (now gone thank fuck) was the biggest diver around.

article-0-0B96B6D9000005DC-498_468x304.j

article-1334511887152-129bee85000005dc-7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this lineup. Need to shithouse to get a result given past meetings. Can’t play an open game against them given the form they are in. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not done well at all for a while against United, would be great to get the result 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

And now you can kick across someone’s bollocks and it’s not a foul xD

He played advantage for this one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stan said:

He played advantage for this one?

Did he? Apologies then, didn’t see that. Fred with a nice dive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to be one of them games where we have a lot of the ball can't do anything with it then blow it when United get a break against us... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was weak as fuck... Fernandes sure did make the most of that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That was weak as fuck... Fernandes sure did make the most of that

Making himself have a reputation for it.

The Villa thing where he went down as if he'd broken his leg even though he stepped on Konsa. A light tap on the shin from Kovacic and it's another broken leg. Poor lad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bailly suffering here from a collision with Slabhead.

Doesn't look great at all. Looked quite groggy as he got up. Concussion, no doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a foul on Martial I thought. He gets there first and Zouma swipes the back of his leg in the air (too late to the challenge). 

Just outside the box?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement