• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Semi-Final - Man Utd 1-3 Chelsea - Sunday 19th July, 2020

football forum

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Come on mate, you have slagged Alonso off soooo many times.

You are a great poster on here but my word, your opinion on players/managers fluctuates literally game by game, more than anyone I've ever known xD

Because he isn't good enough to start for us. Which is a fact. 

I said in the Chelsea thread if it is between him or Emerson to keep as a rotation option, it be best to keep Alonso given how beneficial he is for us in this type of system. That and his set pieces. 

Chelsea fans do have a bad habit of dismissing Alonso just because he's a bit shit defensively. 

Which has never made sense to me because overall he's been one of the league's better LBs pretty much the entire time he's been here, and worth accomodating. Especially since Azpilicueta on the other side is a naturally much more solid, conservative player anyway. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Penalty to Man Utd. Hudson-Odoi clearly fouls Martial.

Rash and needless tackle so late in the game... could be that we had been instructed to allow United a penalty?? that's their 19th of the season, one can only imagine how many complaints they would have got not giving them their regulation penalty at home.. 

2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Chelsea fans do have a bad habit of dismissing Alonso just because he's a bit shit defensively. 

Which has never made sense to me because overall he's been one of the league's better LBs pretty much the entire time he's been here, and worth accomodating. Especially since Azpilicueta on the other side is a naturally much more solid, conservative player anyway. 

Never really hated on him either really. Never got the on that hate train.

• The title was changed to FA Cup Semi-Final - Man Utd 1-3 Chelsea - Sunday 19th July, 2020

Another final :dunce:

Good tactical performance from everyone involved. Lampard learning from his mistakes the past encounters against United. With who we have we simply cannot play an open game against them. 

Attention to Wednesday now. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Also, for those thinking we 'miss' Kante's pressing. 

Look today as a prime example as to how our press as a unit has changed dramatically since the Conte era. 

Look, just send him back and be done with it.

20 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Another final :dunce:

Good tactical performance from everyone involved. Lampard learning from his mistakes the past encounters against United. With who we have we simply cannot play an open game against them. 

Attention to Wednesday now. 

The FA Cup final is going to be a repeat of last season's Europa League final. The FA Cup will be staying in London, it should be a good final.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

The FA Cup final is going to be a repeat of last season's Europa League final. The FA Cup will be staying in London, it should be a good final.

It was in Manchester last season...

Strange game. I thought both sides were pretty meh, Chelsea just took advantage of appalling individual errors. Seen Solskjaer get criticism for his lineup but it did turn Chelsea over with a similar setup at Stamford Bridge so you can understand it but ultimately feel he should have gone with current form. 

I feel a bit sorry for Maguire, not his fault he cost so much but I doubted he’d be up to it and it doesn’t like he will be. Not sure at 27 he’s got many more gears go up, unless Manchester United can attract a top defensive coach.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived