The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Semi-Final - Man Utd 1-3 Chelsea - Sunday 19th July, 2020

football forum

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I've been slagging De Gea longer than anyone on this forum and even I'm shocked by the absolute mediocrity he's sunk to. 

Yeah I remember you doing so ages ago, possibly even on the old forum as well. 

It's very disappointing how bad he's become. Gotta be a confidence thing, surely? The talent is there but he's lost the consistency.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah I remember you doing so ages ago, possibly even on the old forum as well. 

It's very disappointing how bad he's become. Gotta be a confidence thing, surely? The talent is there but he's lost the consistency.

When it happens too frequently over a long period of time, I don't think that we can always blame it on confidence. He's made some great saves during his career, but he has also made way too many mistakes as well. I think he's just too inconsistent to play for a top club.

• Administrator

3-0! Rudiger nicks in and pretty much confirms Chelsea's spot in the final.

Don't think that can be blamed on De Gea.

Chelsea are too quick for Utd.

I just think there was a period with United, where they were shit, and would regularly concede loads of good chances and shots, and De Gea thrived in that situation. Youre given loads of reflex saves to make, and the confidence of making so many saves and singlehandedly rescuing points for a struggling side, drives you forward to make more and more impressive stops. 

You're running on instinct and momentum, because you're just being continually pelted with shots. And if you let a soft one in, it doesn't stand out much because your side is conceding a lot of chances anyway. 

But that's not a situation that elite goalies tend to find themselves in. And De Gea has really been found out as United improved and got out of that situation. You've then got to contribute something besides shot-stopping, and you've got to be ready to make saves even if you're not always busy.

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I said no such thing...

Time to rest players. 

Come on mate, you have slagged Alonso off soooo many times.

You are a great poster on here but my word, your opinion on players/managers fluctuates literally game by game, more than anyone I've ever known xD

• The title was changed to FA Cup Semi-Final - Man Utd 1-3 Chelsea - Sunday 19th July, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived